“Very good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Apopka, Florida
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We visited on a Sunday evening and enjoyed the food very much. My wife and I both had crab cakes, although she had wanted the turkey sandwich which sounded delicious. However, they were out of turkey. The service was spotty. We were seated right away, but it took several minutes before our server came by our table. She wasn't able to answer our fairly basic questions about the menu without asking. She was nice enough and was giving an effort, but needs to work on learning the menu and how items are prepared. We were in the area for just two nights so we ate there only once, but if I lived in the area, I would visit from time to time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colton, New York, United States
“Recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Our dinner was delicious! When they delivered my daughters dinner, there was enough to feed three kids! The staff was very friendly and our food was served quickly. Definitely tempted to try stone cooking next visit!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont
“Diamond in the Rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The truth is tt there arent many good places to eat in this area. when first entering this place, it appears like a nice " diner" style restaurant. But before seating, note the daily specials and deserts and you will begin to see the difference between this place and a " diner"
The serve full breakfasts til 1PM , but start lunch at 11AM.
I have been here a dozen times since moving to Northern Vermont from Connecticut and we consistently return here for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Whether iys a full dinner or an appetizer,m like a quesadilla, I have always enjoyed the food for its prearpartion and presentation... One of the best burgers I've ever had and they also grill a good steak..Sunday brunch is a buffet...only had it once but it was very good/
The deserts are special so try to leave some room. Dress is casual as is most of Vermont up here in never never land.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average ... Not for me.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Not my type of place ... But maybe yours.
Reminded me of a breakfast type place ... booths, counters.
Not for dinner ... so ambience rating isn't high.
Grilling off a very hot stone maybe nice for some but not me.
I like my meal served to me ready to eat & not having to watch my meal cook .... I could do this at home.
Also, the plate with the stone is kinda of small. The area to place your (self) cooked steak, chicken, or fish is very small ... 1/4 of the stone itself.
Side veggies are in a separate plate also .... too much on the table w/other things & or other eaters.
Avg quality, nothing to write home about.
Nice wait staff but they can't cover all the other avg things.
Sorry ... Drive on by ......

“Great food for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Our food was delivered quickly and sizzling hot. The portions were large. Our son enjoyed grilling his steak on the hot stone grill. We will definitely return when we come back to Smugglers Notch next year. Thank you to our real estate agent ,Peter, who recommended it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere