“Small Town Ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Troy, NY
“Small Town Ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Arrived around 8:30 on a Sunday morning and all the booths were taken but the waitress asked if we'd like to sit on one of the counter stools. Beware the stools revolved and down I went -- a little embarrassed but not injured! We all got a good laugh! Had a standard breakfast of eggs, hash browns and toast with coffee--all were excellent! Would recommend that you spend a little more and get the homemade breads--delish! Happened that a woman about our age sat next to us halfway through our meal--hubby and I chatted with her and found out she was a visiting professor for the next two weeks at the local fine arts college. I'm always amazed when I travel to see how small the world really is--turns out she lived in New Jersey and had to pass through our little town of Troy, NY to get to Vermont. I love chatting with people I meet along the way and this seemed like the perfect place to strike up a conversation over well-cooked eggs! Although we were enjoying our chat, we looked around and realized a line had formed and we gave our seats up!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kendall, Florida
“Favorite Place is Montpelier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This place is my absolute favorite, they have lots of variety with their foods and they let you change your options around. Great service. When I visit montpelier every year this is where I eat breakfast every morning, the place is a nice little cozy restaurant, I'd recommend this place 100%.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“A casual, friendly diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Decent diner food with really friendly waitstaff and generally good service. The place is a little small but that adds to the experience if you have a sense of humor and you don't mind smiling at your neighbor. Touches such as the "art duct" - a gallery of customer art hanging on an air duct - and a selection of kitchen hats for sale contribute to the atmosphere. Great pie.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“A classic....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The locals seem to congregate at The Wayside but for us no one beats the Coffee Corner. Good coffee, great eggs cooked to order, and you have to get the Sunflower toast. Love the staff...I wish I could eat there every day.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Close warm service and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The cheff actually serves and takes your order. Family run (seemed like), which translates for me like very good service and food done with love.

Great breakfast spot.