“Good takeout” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Montpelier, Vermont
“Good takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fast, fresh, well-prepared food...tables to dine in or you can take out.

Visited April 2012

53% Recommend
Northfield
“Good for a quick takeout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

China Star offers quite a variety of adequate fare. The meat is sometimes scarce and not always trimmed to my liking. I really like the Hot and Sour soup.

Visited March 2012
“Ok if you have noplace else open”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Food is sometimes disappointing. If you order any dish that has breading such as sesame chicken or general tsaos ect be prepared to eat mostly batter (hardly no meat) in a so so sauce. I have got food here when desperate and everytime we order take out they forget to give us some of our food and if you have an issue its difficult because nobody there speaks or understands english at all. House special soup is good...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Middlesex, Vermont
“Gross!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

I placed a to-go order on my way home from work. It is about a 25 minute drive. When we got home the food was horrible!! After 40.00 later my family and I had to cook!!! The rice was HARD, it crunched!!! The General Tsos Chicken for mostly batter, no chicken taste and the crab ragoon was cooked in oil that needed to be changed. When I called to complain she told me " U lie" I wnet right down and took her the food!!!!! She tried to give me my money back...but I left! I will NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN!

Visited April 2011
montpelier, Vermont
“Great food in a surprising location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Despite it's dismal location and lack of ambient decor, the food more than makes up for what it lacks. The ingredients are fresh and prepared well with pleasant service. The bathroom is spotless...proving Anthony Bourdain's maxim that if the bathroom is well taken care of, the kitchen will be clean and the food good.

• Visited December 2010