“BYOB, Small intimate restaurant, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Montpelier
Cuisines: Contemporary, Eclectic, Soups
Montpelier, Vermont
“BYOB, Small intimate restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Salt is a great restaurant that changes its menu every three weeks. It is BYOB, very small, with great service. The owner takes great pride in creating the menus and explaining the ingreidents and theme to the table.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Northfield, Vermont
“Salt-sensational, attentive, lovely, a treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'd really like to put into words the wonderful experience I had tonight at Salt without being cheesy but it's difficult. It's Restaurant Week and a great time for a treat. When was the last time you went to a restaurant that the staff made eye contact with you and made you feel valuable? The wait staff here is tremendous. Everyone smiles. They love what they do. I looked in the kitchen and saw pasta being made. I always season my food with pepper. Well I didn't even try the salt tonight as everything I had was perfectly seasoned. I wish I could find better words to describe how relaxing, well cared for and how much I enjoyed my meal .It was like a spa -we were pampered and left happy and refreshed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Refreshingly beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

After arriving in Montpelier with no idea where we were to stay or eat this place was a fantastic find. A little bit of a walk out of the way of the Main St but well worth the trip. It would be recommended to book, we didn't and were lucky to get two seats at the front counter. The food is well priced, lovingly prepared, not an extensive selection but fresh produce, locally sourced creatively cooked. Limited seating (less than 30). Servings were sensible and tasty, Very friendly staff absolutely committed to good food. BYO which was great, supermarket near with great wine selection. For diners who truly appreciate well cooked food SALT is not to be missed, the most memorable meals we had in the USA over 21days, great value for money. Very casual dining, the visit to SALT enhanced our Vermont experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived late on a rainy Saturday night, with no reservations. The restaurant is small, maybe 8 tables? anyway, after a 15 minute wait they were able to accommodate the 3 of us. They were out of tuna, our first choice, but the lamb and the chicken were outstanding, as was the heirloom tomato soup and the beet salad, we were too stuffed for desert, although they looked delicious. And the service was excellent. I would definitely go back when traveling in the area.

Visited September 2012
Stowe, Vermont
“An unusual dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

After reading about Salt and checking the web site, we decided to celebrate our son and daughter in law's second anniversery there. It's a small, simple dining room in a plain building off the beaten track. The menu changes every three weeks and is written on a large chalk board. We tryed a wide selection of the offerings. The food was interesting, tasty, and well presented. Special attention is given to local, fresh ingredients. I liked the book shelves filled with food and cook books, a nice touch in a creative environment. Be sure to call ahead, seating is limited.

• Visited September 2012