“This is a CREEMEE stand, not Fine Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 48 Restaurants in Montpelier
Cuisines: American, Ice Cream
Barre, Vermont
“This is a CREEMEE stand, not Fine Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This restaurant is primarily a creemee (soft serve ice cream), and frozen dessert stand. The various grilled foods they serve (burgers, hot dogs, etc.) are not billed as fantastic, and you wouldn't go here for an outstanding hamburger.

The creemees, however, -are- outstanding. They are the best in the area. The shakes, the various creemee-based desserts, they're all very good. Creemees are why you go here. The mix they're using has a high fat content, and that makes their product superior to some of the smaller operations in the immediate area. The others aren't awful, this place is just superior.

I go here all the time. It is, at minimum, a weekly stop for me during the summer months when I'm driving home from Waterbury after work. If you knew how cheap I am in general, you'd realize that my stopping here weekly is saying something. They offer a superior product for a great price. I can't even begin to consume one of their medium creemees, I always get just the small, and it's fine. The prices are wholly reasonable for the amount of product you get.

Do yourself a favor and go here FOR A CREEMEE or frozen dessert treat. Get dinner somewhere else. :)

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montpelier
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a prime example of a location thriving simply because: there is no competition. We pulled up and the parking lot was bustling. We tried to find the menu, it's more of papers
stuck all throughout the windows, but it gets the job done. We ordered food and ice cream and they give you some sort of electronic pad when you order food where you apparently have to stand to the side and wait for it to blink. We were not told that and were made to feel like an inconvenience because we were waiting for food. Being from Vermont, it's kind of typical you have the crusty vermonter's and the "hoity toities". The guy that Made us feel like an inconvenience was definitley crusty. The cremee itself
was alright, but I would have rather driven 6 miles in the opposite direction to get a maple creme from the farm. Won't be back, overrated, you'll catch me at the morse farm

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, Vermont
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I grew up eating creemees from the Dairy Creme. I now live out of state, but always stop to get a creemee when I am visiting family during the summer months. They have quite a variety of milk shakes, sundaes, parfaits and dip flavors. They change the creemee flavors every week or two. My personal favorite is the maple creemees with chocolate dip. The classic jack and jill sundae (hot fudge and marshmallow) is pretty good too. The prices are very reasonable as well. If you are driving in the Montpelier area, I would definitely stop at the Dairy Creme. It is a local favorite and there is bound to be something on the menu to suit you.

Montpelier, VT
“Crow for Creamees!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

I am amazed at the way life in Vermont raises the mundane to high art... especially with food. This place is no exception. Soft serve that the locals call a "creemee" is so much more than airy dairy fluff in a cone... it's insanely creamy! And tastes so much better than it has any right to! Is this really just soft serve ice cream?

I'm always bummed that the vanilla and chocolate have to always be in a twist machine together because some of their off-road flavors have weird machine partners... peppermint and black raspberry? Oh well, so I have to mash my peppermint and chocolate together... it's worth it. Get your bottom in here before 9pm though. This ain't Yogurt Park in Berkeley. These people sleep!

Open April to September.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Ate a Creamee here last...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Ate a Creamee here last night! Love IT!