“good food, good view.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
San Diego, California
“good food, good view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a dinner on the rainy day at this Storm Cafe, how lovely! Set at the table at the patio, you can see the river, the bridge and the sounds so comforting.
I had Stromy Ahi Tuna, see the photo, it's very good. Tuna was cooked perfectly, and the local sugar peas were (on season) so fresh and crispy. Yummy!
Service girl was very friendly and helpful, the price is reasonable. I like this Storm Cafe!

Austin, Texas
“Nice patio, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a very pleasant dinner on the patio. The menu struck me as a little odd - rather than having to decide between multiple things that sounded enticing, nothing really stood out to me. There were a few things that seemed pretty exotic and I wasn't sure if I would like them or not. Everything we had was excellent, and I would definitely go back, but I would have expected a different mix of options on the menu.

New York
“Great service, nice setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had dinner there last night, one of the hottest evenings of the summer. We sat outside, next to Otter Creek. The Wait Staff were suffering the heat like the rest of us, but they were extraordinary! The service was second to none! The food was very good, extremely reasonable prices, and perfectly timed. We greatly enjoyed our dinner here. All members of the staff were attentive, polite, and on their marks. Will dine here again!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

There are just a few places everyone recommends in Middlebury. This is one of them. It's located right on the river (top points for location!), serves classic American-French-ish cuisine, and is pricey. We took our whole family here after Middlebury graduation. Service was great. Food, well, average. Actually it was mixed. Some of us raved about our meals, and others of us were surprised that our food wasn't cooked right. I'm not usually particularly picky about restaurant food, but I cook myself and order things I can't (or won't) do at home. So I had a dish that included lobster, and was disappointed that it was so overcooked that I couldn't eat it. My mother-in-law ordered the same thing and had the same experience.
The upshot is go here if you want for the atmosphere and for a nice experience but order carefully.

Visited May 2013
“Excellent if you can eat outside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very good food, lovely romantic terrace dining right on level with the rushing river,"house" shawls offered to chilly outdoor diners...kindly service...eager to return.