“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Bothell, Washington
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our visit to Red Clover Inn was amazing.Innkeepers Annie and Caitlin were warm and welcoming and made us feel like family. Breakfasts were delicious. Dinner was incredible. Colin Arthur is the most talented chef I know. The qual salad, mussels, halibut with gnocchi and hanger steak with mushrooms were exceptional. The creme brulee is the best by far we have ever tasted. I can't remember the last time, if ever, I swooned over everything I put in my mouth. Thomas, our server at dinner, was knowledgeable and friendly. I tend to order like Meg Ryan did in "When Harry Met Sally" and he took it all in stride. This is one of the few restaurants I would say is worth the destination. In addition, the Inn is charming and our room was very comfortable and cheery.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the inn are most cheerful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Elma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I wanted to get away for a few days, to heal a broken heart and connect with my inner being. The Red Clover Inn and the Killington area are just what the doctor ordered. I was there during "off: season... Nov 3-6 but the weather was beautiful. Cool but sunny- perfect for being outdoors. The breakfasts were hearty, unique, and served with smiles and good conversation. I was especially fond of the Maple Yogurt, fruit and locally made granola! YUM!!! I also enjoyed a dinner at the inn and chose the "chefs tasting" with wine pairing. This was a wonderful flight that consisted of a duck confit, scallop ad shrimp w/ Andouille sausage and for dessert... truffles. The wine was wonderful and I ended the night with a glass of port in the "lounge" area. My room- The Lydia- was clean and comfy, and I enjoyed the IPOD docking station so I could listen to music to dance like no one was watching, or listen to my spa station while reading in bed. the Lydia room is located in the Carriage house and I appreciated the Privacy! I fully enjoyed the hot tub every night... and especially after my 4 hour hike up to Pico Peak! I am definitely planning on returning to the Inn... hopefully when there is snow..... And I have someone special to share it with!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Yonkers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very excited for my stay up there this weekend. Does anyone know of anything happening that is fun/cool in the neighborhood? I will give a better review after my stay, but just was curious as to any local attractions in the area for us to check out. Thanks!
Noelle

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had dinner recently at this well appointed inn. They had a well balanced menu with entrees from 25 to 33 dollars. They had an extensive wine list that they were knowledgeable about and steered me to an excellent Syrah. For apps we had the mussels (large mussels with a flavorful broth), quail with great grilled squash on a bed of greens, and a hearty bowl of French onion soup -- all flavorful, fresh ingredients, and good sized. For mains we had the steak frites which was very tender, Portuguese steak with the sauce spicy but we were warned beforehand, and a perfectly prepared rack of lamb. Lots of interesting dessert options and we had some tasty chocolate truffles. Overall an excellent meal, good service and dishes executed perfectly.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We appreciate your wonderful review! Our head server, Thomas pays great attention to our wine cellar. He is frequently meeting with our wine reps to update and expand our extensive wine list. Chef Colin takes pride in his menu and recognizes that every great dish has to start with great ingredients. Colin has connections with a few independent purveyors who bring the freshest and highest quality produce to choose from. Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at the Red Clover Inn! We look forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Charlotte
Batavia, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice inn; nice location; a bit noisy; good breakfast; felt the rate I paid was somewhat high when compared to the specials
Room cleanliness when we checked in was just ok; housekeeping the following day was poor

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We will be sure our housekeeping staff is aware of your comments and make it a priority to monitor thier assignments more closely. We are pleased you enjoyed our inclusive homemade breakfast. Enjoy the rest of your fall and hopefully we will see you again soon! Best wishes, Charlotte
Southington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My mother and I came for a one night stay to the Red Clover Inn. We stayed in the Ruby room - each room has it's own name. The word of the stay was quaint. The room was clean and ample sized. There was only one bed so I slept on a roll away cot in the room. To be honest, I'm a room snob so I was bit thrown by this and there being no TV in the room. There were other rooms with TV's though, but a bit more expensive. We had a specific request of the staff, and they were more than happy to help us out. The staff were more than accommodating to my friend for her wedding, and everything went off without a hitch. The barbeque they created for the night before the wedding was outstanding, My only complaint was that the food was cold for breakfast and for the wedding day itself. Just an FYI, there is no elevator in the hotel, so make sure if using stairs is a challenge you let them know.

Room Tip: ***PLEASE NOTE*** to get to this hotel - you have to go back roads. ***WATCH YOUR SPEED*** Apparen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have eaten at the Red Clover three times over the past year and each time the meal has been sheer perfection. From appetizer, to salad, to main course every bite is superb. Much better than the pricey "gourmet" restaurants in Boston. The scallops were delicate and perfectly cooked, and the halibut was out of this world. The staff is knowledgeable and professional, and the ambience is lovely. It is our favorite restaurant, hands down. Thank you, Red Clover Inn--we will see you again soon.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheRedCloverInn, Innkeeper at Red Clover Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted by your high praise and compliments. The Red Clover Inn & Restaurant is a special place. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best wishes, Charlotte

Been to Red Clover Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!