Had a great stay. It may not suit everyone, depending on your preference for type of lodging, but for us it was near-perfect. Paige was extremely helpful-- I would say she should be promoted, except that she already seems to cover everything. The food was fabulous. Room was comfortable and above average for the price. We liked our first night there so much that we rearranged our schedule to return two nights later-- they let us keep some of our things in our room in the meantime, and we really appreciated the flexibility. If you have kids, or ever were a kid, you will love small farm pond full of bullfrogs (actually, many different kinds of frogs.) If you have an appreciation for apple trees, you will marvel at the ancient one behind the dining room. The grounds contain a barn and some older outbuildings of indeterminate current usage, but this didn't bother us (if you are seeking a sanitized Disney World version of rural New England, you should probably go to Florida). The flowerbeds and landscaping were gorgeous-- someone must spend a lot of time on them.
There were a couple of minor negatives, which I hesitate even to mention, since they were so outweighed by the positives-- but for completeness:
-Though the information sheet in our room said we could borrow DVDs to watch, there was no TV in the room. It seems (from the website) that some rooms have TVs, but some don't-- worth checking if that's important to you.
- There was some confusion over our dinner reservation time-- no one seemed quite sure what had happened. I think it was just some crossed wires and probably not typical.
- Also Known As:
- Red Clover Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- Red Clover Inn And Restaurant
- Red Clover Inn & Restaurant Hotel Mendon
- Red Clover Inn & Restaurant Vermont/Mendon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Red Clover Inn and Restaurant is truly a one-of-a-kind experience where the Tyler Family strives to make our guests feel like personal house guests on a memorable Vermont country holiday. A haven for foodies, sports’ enthusiasts, and romantics alike, the Inn and Restaurant are acclaimed for local food with European flair; stylish, comfortable lodging; fireside apres-ski and plentiful wine cellar. With mountain views on all sides and tucked off the main beat on its own private road, you’d never guess Red Clover is right at the cross-roads of Central Vermont within minutes of Killington and Pico's best skiing, biking and hiking. Whether you come for a brief getaway or an extended vacation, a Vermont wedding or an intimate elopement, you’ll find Red Clover as special in its own way as its "big sister" property, the Tyler Place Family Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Clover Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.