“Great Place for a Family Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off mid week special
Ranked #2 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Place for a Family Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Inn was comfortable cozy and family friendly. Our kids loved breakfast and then sledding on the hill. The Inn was close to Pico and Killington but farther enough away to avoid the crowds. We felt at home there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Weston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Vermont Inn near Pico Mountain this weekend. The Inn Keepers were very nice and my room was adequate, nothing fancy. For fancier and more upscale I do recommend the Red Clover Inn down the street. The first night my room was a little too warm and the second night it was cooler. I had no control over the temperature. The WIFI worked great.

Breakfast in the morning was good. The OJ was not fresh squeezed and was adequate. The French Toast the first morning was awesome. The second day I had the cheese omelet that was fine. The put out fresh fruit. The first day had a home made muffin that was awesome, the second day bread not as tasty. Tea and Coffee are at 7:30 and breakfast at 8. The innkeeper who serves you smokes and I would recommend that she smoke after breakfast because talking to her at breakfast, the smell of cigarette smoke was a turn off.

Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Morristown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Vermont Inn provided comfortable pre-season accommodations at an affordable rate. We communicated with the Inn via internet and phone prior to booking. Upon arrival the inn keepers were very attentive and provided us with updates about local activities and restaurants. When they found out that it was our anniversary, we were upgraded us to a suite free of charge. The room was spacious, clean and had a relaxing soaking tub. Included in the rate was also a delicious made to order breakfast. In the afternoon cookies were provided for guests to enjoy. The inn has a unique country charm, but is need of some upgrades and property maintenance. The inn is closer to Pico and is approximately 12 minutes from the access road. We would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms near the stairwells - they will be noisy in season if people climb the stairs w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Norwood, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This B & B was clean but our room was small. It could use some paint etc. It looks a lot better than it actualy is on there website. The owners are very nice and the breakfast was great. I wish there website was more up to date and I didn't find this to be a good value.

Room Tip: I would call because we had a tiny room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mathews, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I visited during Peak Leaf color. This location was perfect for accessing many areas of the state from viewing the beautiful countryside, SOooo many covered bridges, ferrying on Lake Champlain, touring breweries, Ben & Jerry's, Cabot.....it was endless! The location is beautiful with awesome views in a quiet location. I loved seeing the original photos of the Inn and the families who lived there. I would have liked to see more on the history. Our room was VERY clean and the Queen size bed was just dreamy and Oh, so comfortable! The bathroom was very clean and fresh. The television was small (I don't watch television) so I was very pleased to read my book in the lovely sitting area in our large room. Very nice! Emily and Michael were perfect hosts! There were yummy homemade cookies everyday and evening. Breakfast choices were available every morning with each day offering something extra special. It was perfect. We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Different rooms offer different amenities.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Walpole, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I recently rented the entire Inn for our daughters wedding. Members from both families stayed for two nights and we all had a terrific time. The ceremony was held on the front lawn and the reception in the dinning area , dancing in the bar and socializing in the living area. The younger crowd piled into the hot tub at 2 in the morning.
Emily and Michael were wonderful hosts. They attended to all our needs and everything went off without a hitch. They were both simply awesome! .
My wife and I will be back for more treks to the Green Mountains and my daughter and her new husband I'm sure will do the same. .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend 2013. We were at the Inn for two nights. It is a lovely place with very friendly and helpful owners. When we we arrived, they gave us a tour of the inn and showed us to our room. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it was more like a suite than a typical hotel room, with an outer foyer, then a step up to the bedroom. Lo and behold, there was a giant two-person jacuzzi tub in the room. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the food was AMAZING and the views from this inn are wonderful. I should also mention that although the inn looks slightly dated, it is very well-kept and doesn't feel old. I will likely be back the next time I am looking for a cozy yet deluxe experience in Vermont. For the price I paid, this was way more than I would have expected!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Vermont Inn? Share your experiences!