“Super friendly, Flexible and DELICIOUS breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off mid week special
Ranked #2 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Super friendly, Flexible and DELICIOUS breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A group of friends and I went to the Vermont Inn for a ski trip. The owners are super friendly (but they dont talk your ears off), super flexible with EVERYTHING. I requested a specific room, and they even warn me ahead of time about the water pressure in that room I requested. Halfway through the trip, they offer us another room for no additional cost just to have a better shower and space. They are so helpful in many ways.
And the breakfast!!!!!! Oh my goodness, SUPER delicious. All my friends and I said we would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Room D is on the lower level. It accomodate more than 2 people which is why we chose it, but the wat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Central Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I booked a room here for a quick in-state staycation to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had reserved Room J and were pleasantly surprised to receive a free upgrade to Room 7 - a suite with a two-person Jacuzzi tub (which was AWESOME!!!). I was kind of surprised that most of the furniture appeared to be reproduction and not antique, but that didn't detract from the overall charm.

The innkeepers were super nice and personable. Appreciated returning at 9:45pm from a show at the Paramount Theater (about 10 minutes away in Rutland - just off Route 4, very convenient location!), to fresh baked cookies and hot tea in the common room. Breakfast was fine - honestly not fantastic (my husband's omelet and sausage links seemed a bit greasy; my coconut French toast was a bit bland) but I liked the selection of fresh fruit and was glad they had a decent selection of herbal tea. And of course it goes without saying that they had real maple syrup. :)

We spent most of our time at the Inn in our room, so we can't really review the public spaces. Our room was immaculate and we really thought the upgrade was neat. (thanks again!!) One criticism however, was that the room was HOT. Hot hot hot hot hot. Mid-day it didn't seem to be a problem but at night, despite turning down the thermostat to 50, it had to be near 80 degrees in the room. This was hours after the gas fireplace had been turned off so that wasn't the problem - the heat was cranking from the baseboard heater. I ended up having to open a window as we were sweltering. Just an FYI to the innkeepers that they might want to look into this? Also - I like a firm mattress, but the bed (and pillows) just wasn't comfortable to me. I tend to be picky in this regard so maybe others would disagree with that assessment.

In summary we definitely would stay here again - friendly service and an immaculate room made for a lovely getaway. I might select a different room the next time we stay here (for a mattress that's more to our liking) but I'm guessing it could've been a fluke that our room seemed so hot.

Our rating for The Vermont Inn would be a solid 4.5 stars. :)

Room Tip: LOVED the two-person Jacuzzi tub in Room 7 (suite)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Vermont inn over the holiday weekend in January and want to thank the innkeepers, Mike and Emiy, for ensuring our stay was everything I could have hoped for. They were extremely friendly, warm and welcoming and were always there to help with whatever we needed. The inn was beautiful and had a charm all it's own. We look forward to our next stay as soon as we have time.

• Stayed January 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I do not usually write reviews, however felt compelled this time.
This inn was a great find for my husband and I. Fit all of our requests. Close to mountain to ski, price was not exorbitant, very clean, our room was beautiful. Fireplace in room, hot tub downstairs. Inn keepers...Emily was delightful.. Her husband a good cook. Would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Our queen suite was lovely? Room service not included... Not necessary..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I recently was fortunate enough to stay at the Vermont Inn for a ski weekend, and I must say that I was extremely pleased. I usually do not leave reviews but the level of service I received here made me want to share my experience. Michael & Emily went above and beyond anything you would expect, they made us feel completely at home. I do not usually stay in bed and breakfast but they have won me over. I will be staying with them every time I am anywhere in the Killington area. The room was comfortable, cozy, yet spacious at the same time. Breakfast every morning is a can't miss. Trust me you will not regret one second of your time at the Vermont Inn.

Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed at the Vermont Inn for a four-day ski trip. Very close to Pico and Killington Mtns. Our room was warm and cozy. We very much enjoyed the fireplace in our room and the nice hot tub! Michael makes a great breakfast (you must try the pancakes) and even better cocktails. Emily and Michael did everything to make our stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We look forward to staying there again.

Forest Hills, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

It was our first time at the Inn on our Killington/Pico ski trip this past weekend. The rooms were cozy, the sauna and jacuzzi were very inviting and the food was phenomenal! We woke up every morning at 8am to the smell of freshly brewed coffee, freshly baked banana bread or cider donuts from a local cider mill and hot breakfast! Take your pick - plenty of french toast varieties, pancakes, eggs any style or an omelet to order (different every day!). Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, drinks, cookies and fruit were available throughout the day and night - fresh backed cookies that is by Michael himself! The Inn Keepers were nothing shy of friendly and fun! Very personable and accommodating... they should be praised for their superb customer service. We will surely be back for more fun next winter!

thanks again for a fabulous weekend!
Cristina & Michael - Forest Hills, NY

Room Tip: We stayed in room E- perfect for a couple looking for a romantic weekend in the mountains.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Vermont Inn? Share your experiences!