“great food and great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Boston, Massachusetts
“great food and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

food was great, great staff and love the décor. We have eaten at this place for many years and it is one of our favorite places to eat. Very country, we love it.

Visited August 2014

Maryland
“Delicious. Comforting. Cozy. Welcoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We eat here every time we visit Vermont (every year or two). The food is always good, but on this trip it seemed better than usual and the restaurant/store seemed to be better taken care of than in years past.

May is a bit off-season, and we eat very early, so it is rarely crowded when we arrive. The owner is delightful. We know we'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
Vermont
“My absolute most favorite breakfast place ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE Sugar & Spice! I wish I could eat here everyday. This place serves up freshest and the most delicious food. I always get the Sugar House Sampler. Yes, they let you get pumpkin pancakes instead of plain with it. I also add cheddar cheese to my scrambled eggs. An order of home fries and a mint tea make my meal perfect. This is REAL food. The bacon is always cooked to perfection. Real maple syrup? You betcha! They make it on premises during Sugaring season too. They never miss a beat, I am 100% satisfied with every meal. The wait staff are sweet and they work their butts off to make your experience as close to perfect as they can. I still do not understand how they can carry all that food up those stairs, wow! I love it here in the summer, fall, winter and spring. Each season is magical at this place. It is quintessential Vermont!
On a side note, I go here to do some of my clothes shopping. They have the nicest Vermont clothing hands down. Their gift shop has a wide variety of gift items too.

Massachusetts
“Busy, busy, busy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

This place was crazy busy...in spite of this they took care of our huge party with very good food and timely service. I was impressed. The manager and staff were working really hard to make sure that things ran smoothly which was quite a feat on a busy Sunday in August. Head on in, you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

What a delight! The sugar and spice pancakes ---- such a brilliant idea! Eggs, bacon, wonderful. But, the very best part was the welcome we got from, presumably, one of the owners who met us on the steps and gave us a warm feeling to start with. He later came around to check on us, this is careful service! What a treat! We'll be back --- soon!