“Very inviting, cozy Lodge with a great view of Pico Mtn.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edelweiss Motel and Lodge

Edelweiss Motel and Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mendon
Edelweiss Motel and Lodge
You added Edelweiss Motel and Lodge to your Saves list
119 US Route 4, Mendon, VT 05751 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mendon
Saratoga Spgs
“Very inviting, cozy Lodge with a great view of Pico Mtn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My daughetrs and I stayd at the Edelweiss over the Christmas holiday and really enjoyed the Lodge. The game room and lounge area are very inviting. Beautiful fireplace, great pool table, darts and shuffle board. Our room was quite comfortable. The owner was very helpful with any need that arised. I highly recommend this Lodge. The view out our window was Pico Mtn. It was Beautiful!!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Business
cape cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have stayed here prior to the new owner, Dave, and I must say, he has really improved the place. The main lodge room feels more cozy and fun. The 2 flat screens are nice and the fire gives some nice ambience. Dave is very friendly and will answer any question and makes sure that you are enjoying your stay. The room was nice and while it is a rustic motel, the price and location are great. If you want a nice clean room with a good heating system ( key in ski country) that is only 5 minutes from the slopes, this is it. Why waste $$$ to stay on the access rd? We will be back and I will look to see what other improvements he has made.

• Liked — location and price and NEW Ownership!!
  • Disliked — the continentla breakfast could have a few more options (bagels, muffins, cereal)
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

I stayed here last weekend, initially a bit hesitant due to the bad reviews, but they couldn’t be farther from the truth. The facilities were nice with a spacious lounge area with recreational games to enjoy and relax after a long day of skiing. The management was also attentive to any questions and concerns I had about the motel along with surrounding area. Not to mention on a clear morning, I could see the mountain peaks of pico. I will definitely stay here again and soon.

• Liked — Scenes, friendliness of people staying there along with the managment
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston,MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

When I stayed here a few years back, the rooms were definitely a bit out of date. But hey, the price was right. I booked a room again not expecting much, but I can't believe how much nicer the place is now! My room was clean, new, and confortable. The lodge was totally renovated with a big screen, pool table, dart board etc... And the room rates are still the cheapest in town! Not to mention a 5 minute drive to Killington and across the street from Pico. Highly recommended.

• Liked — The game room
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer... I had to go back to work!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I am used to staying at economy motels when I go skiing, but this was the worst ever! $90 a night was about $70 more than I would have paid for this room had I known what to expect. First of all our room was supposed to be ready at 3pm, but when we arrived at 4:30 we were asked to come back in 30 minutes because our room had not been cleaned yet. When we finally got in the room smelled very musty, the carpet and ceiling were stained, the wallpaper was falling off the walls, the inside of the shower curtain had chunks of things on it, the bathroom door would not shut all the way, there was a considerable gap in the door to outside which let the cold in, the comforters were crusty, and the beds were uncomfortable and noisey. We also ended up in a room that shared a door with the front desk / office area. It was loud late at night and early in the morning with doors slaming and people talking. Now I know why this was the only hotel near Killington last weekend with a vacancy. If other people's grim doesn't bother you then book it, but honestly there are much nicer places for less money. I thought I was being too picky at first until one of our friends who stayed in a different room got in the car the next morning with many of the same complaints. If a 20-something bachelor who is used to passing out on the floor thinks it's bad, I guess it's bad.

Stayed March 2007
daveborgaro, General Manager at Edelweiss Motel and Lodge, responded to this review, March 21, 2009
This review was written prior to us taking over the Lodge in November of 2008. Since then we have made numerous improvements to the lodge and Rooms that are not reflected in this review.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

I would rather sleep in my car in the middle of winter than stay at this hotel. The door did not lock, the beds looked like they had been used for about thirty years, dirt everywhere, hole in walls. It looks nothing like the pictures, do not be fooled.

• Stayed February 2006
This review was written prior to us taking over the Lodge in November of 2008. Since then we have made numerous improvements to the Lodge and rooms that are not reflected in this review.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2004

The Red Carpet Inn at Mendon Vermont was more than a disappointment, they charged 147.50 for a room that was dirty,smelly and outdated. The water in the shower would scald you or freeze you, the floor was buckled so bad it would trip you and the bathroom was full of knats from the window being left open. The remote didnt work, the light above the vanity didnt work. They took advantage of the travelers because it was the peak weekend to drive and enjoy the foilage. The price was gougeing alone besides being a dump. That was the first and last time in Vermont for me. Im from Missouri and I seen enough!

This response was written four years prior to us taking over the lodge in November of 2008. We have made numerous improvements to the Lodge and Rooms which do not reflect this review.

Been to Edelweiss Motel and Lodge? Share your experiences!