“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Ilion, NY
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We just stayed at the Cortina Inn just outside of Rutland, VT. It was absolutely beautiful!
It's newly refurbished; a beautiful lobby, a center area for fires and great conversation in the evening, indoor pool, etc., and an art gallery.
The owners and staff are on the premesis for friendly, fast, professional service. All-in-all, this was a lovely visit, and we will definitely be back. :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were driving through Vermont and we passed through Killington en route to Rutland. We passed Cortina Inn and were intrigued -- it just looked nice. Well, we stopped and asked about a room. Turns out the hotel was purchased by new owners and over the past year they have totally re-habed the rooms. The room as GREAT! Two new fabulous queen size beds and a newly appointed bathroom and beautifully decorated. The inn itself is a true ski lodge -- though we were there in summer, it was easy to envision happy skiiers un-winding by the lovely fireplace. The rate was very reasonable and included a full breakfast in the large dining room.
I'd definitely go back there -- any time of year -- and I'd recommend it without hesitation to anyone. It's a real gem -- the new owners are proud of their place -- and rightly so!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I stayed at the Cortina with my girlfriend and a group of about 18 friends and enjoyed a superb long weekend.
The hotel has clearly been refurbished but keeps its old style charm and warmth. We were greeted at the front desk by a friendly receptionist who directed us to our room. Inside we found a massive wooden bed, which was a welcome sight after a long drive. The room was tastfully decorated with a balcony, clean and tidy bathroom and flatscreen TV.
After unpacking, we all congregated downstairs and sat around the big wood burning fire, circled by seats, which was a great place to chill, unwind, warm up and socialise with mates (and maybe have a drink or two)
After a long day on the mountain, we all used the swiiming pool and hottub, wich was perfect and had some lovely home cooked food in the restaurant.
All the staff were friendly and helpful and the owners were always on hand to help if required.
Our stay was one to remember and I will 100% be visiting again and would highly recommend.
Good times

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Galloway, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Cortina Inn the nights of March 4 and March 5, 2011. During the day of March 4, my boyfriend proposed to me, so this trip became extra special. We had a great check-in experience. There were fresh home-baked chocolate chip cookies for us to enjoy and even though we had booked two beds (because that was the hotel.com's special) we were able to be up-graded to a room with a king. The room was lovely. The bed was so comfy and we both slept great. There was no noise at all from the hallway or the other rooms. We went down to the pool and loved it, however I do have to point out that only one jet in the hot tub seemed to be working. We had dinner there and boy was it delicious. My fiance had the "Monster Burger" and from what he said it was really good! I had pasta and that was great too. Patrick, the chef, and his wife, were so nice. We talked to them for a while and they made us feel like home. The next morning we came down for breakfast and noticed that there were only bagels and muffins, but when we asked the man at the front desk he said the chef would be right with us. Patrick appeared right away asking us what ingredients we wanted in our omelet. It was so delicious. I am so glad my fiance chose the Cortina Inn. I am looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
jbhakta, Front Office Manager at Cortina Inn and Resort, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Thank you for all of your kind remarks! We wish the best for the both of you, and look forward to seeing the both of you in the future. Best wishes
The Cortina Inn
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

My trip was disappointing. I had stayed at Cortina Inn back in 2007 and had a lovely time. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I'm not sure if the management changed after the whole ordeal with the Legionnaire's disease causing bacteria, but the service was terrible this time around. I arrived in the evening and had to ring the front desk person. After about 15 rings, she finally picked up and said she would be right out. Almost 20 minutes later, she finally came out in her PJ's and no shoes and checked me in. She didn't even apologize for making me wait for her to roll out of bed. The heat in our room was not working so I had to phone her once again, but this time she did not pick up. We had to sleep in our hoodies that first night! The next day, I called the front desk to see what time the restaurant was open for dinner. Nobody answered (what is the purpose of having a front desk if nobody is ever there?). When I went downstairs, I saw the front desk guy just sitting and chatting on the couch near the restroom! Our dinner at the hotel was not very good at all. The cook came by to ask how it was and we didn't have the heart to tell him (he seemed like a nice guy). The breakfast buffet consisted of your classic bagels and cereal. You can also make your own waffles but there was no syrup when I was there.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Hotel was clean,restraunt food was good,free buffet breakfast was good,pool was warm and clean,totally a nice resort and redone,as I had stayed there years and years ago.Well worth the discounted rate we paid(the special 3 day rate),and we will go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

My husband and I traveled from PA for a long Valentine weekend ski trip to beautiful Killington, VT. We were greeted warmly upon check in to the Inn. That comfortable welcoming atmosphere continued throughout our stay. The owner and his staff were accommodating, responding to our every request. Our room was all new and decorated in a luxury rustic manner, exactly what we like in a ski vacation!! The mattress was soooo comfortable. The bathroom was fully renovated; tile, elevated vanity, rounded shower curtain bar, and lighting. After a full day on the slopes, we enjoyed unwinding in the hot tub before showering to go to dinner. Valentine's Day dinner was in the hotel dining room. The cost was extremely reasonable. Chef Patrick prepared an amazing selection of entrees. And the dessert, Red Velvet Cheesecake, our choice, was phenomenal (and huge.) I finished it after we returned home to PA!! LOL!! The location of the resort was so very convenient, close to slopes and businesses on the access road and close to all that Rutland has to offer as well. The cost, too, was very reasonable, especially when a continental and made to order breakfast was included. I would highly recommend the Cortina Inn to my friends and family and plan to make a Valentine weekend trip there a yearly tradition!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Cortina Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!