“Convenient, Affordable, Lots of Amenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Killington Lodge

You added Budget Host Killington Lodge to your Saves list
Budget Host Killington Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4293 US Route 4 East, Mendon, VT 05701-9652 (Formerly Econo Lodge Killington Area)   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mendon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Convenient, Affordable, Lots of Amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I wasn't expecting a ton when I booked an overnight stay at the Econo Lodge in Killington (just outside of Rutland) but it far exceeded my expectations. The Motel has a small, but well maintained outdoor pool and hot tub. The rooms are certainly dated, but clean and well maintained. Mine came with a full kitchen and dining area. The breakfast was definitely subpar, but for the amount of money I spent on my room, I could afford to eat out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a very positive experience and plan to return next ski season. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The free breakfast was an extra bonus! My grand daughter really loved the place and didn't want to leave! A great deal for the money, and conveniently located near Pico and Killington ski resorts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Twp of washington nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Worst experience ever. Dirty room, stayed 4 nites they never vacuumed the floors. Terrible smell In rooms. Stayed on first floor locks broken on window. Door looked like it had pushed in many times , did not feel safe. Breakfast was donuts and bagels . Date on donut box showed they had expired on the 14th. We were there on the 21st. I know it's an econo lodge but I expect clean safe room. Also walls paper thin and ceiling above creaked whenever anyone walked on them. How they keep their franchise is beyond me.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Middletown, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I can't believe that some people are surprised when they book a room at an EconoLodge and expect a nice hotel room... Basically with this hotel you get what you pay for. I just booked this hotel over Hotwire for a last minute presidents day ski trip. The lady who checked us in was pleasant and check in was smooth. The place is run down needs a major facelift. The rooms are dark and smelly. Walls were paper thin. The beds were the worst I have slept on in a while. Im young with no back problems and getting up in the morning was a difficult. I read other travelers mentioning about the heating problem.. well when I arrived to the room the first thing I went for was the windows because it was unbearably hot in there. I looked around for a thermostat on the wall.. none to be found. But the control is actually on the radiators it self. There is a nob that you can adjust. Once I did I closed the windows and the room was more comfortable. The room was decent sized with two beds and a sitting area.

This is how I survive when the only hotels available are ones like this because sometimes its unavoidable... Pack your own sheets! I make a care package of sheets, pillow cases and a cheap comforter (wal-mart is the best place for these items). When you get to the hotel rip all the bedding off except the fitted sheet and replace with your bedding. That way you won't have to worry about your face touching the disgusting floral print one. Also you can sit down on the bed and not feel gross. Also bring slippers so your bare feet don't touch the nasty rug, flip flops for the shower and a travel size of clorox wipes. If you do all that, your stay will be bearable. And I definitely recommend the travel package for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Martinsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Spent three nights here to ski at Killington. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean. It is old but it was pleasant and good value. Breakfast of donuts, toast, bagels and instant oatmeal with coffee and juice is not fancy but worked for us. WiFi worked well and its convenient to Killington or Pico and Rutland.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Malden, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

When I saw the add on the Internet, I though at least the place will be nice to have a good night of sleep. First the tub drain was clogged, we inform the front desk and they not even offer another room (was myself, my husband and my two kids using the same tub!). The ac didn't work, we had to open the window to get some air. The night stand had some syrups inside the drawer (disgusted). Next time, for sure, I'll not gonna stay there!

• Stayed September 2013
Ivoryton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Quoted one price on the phone.Taxes came to more and a gratuity of $4.97 is charged as a tax. What is this all about? No answer for this charge. Watch your final checkout statement. Never saw this before.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Killington Lodge? Share your experiences!