“Lovely dining room in historic town with meal to match” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
El Paso
“Lovely dining room in historic town with meal to match”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The dining room is traditional with French doors or floor to ceiling windows on three sides, which makes a very lovely environment at twilight. The mood is reasonably formal for a country inn but very comfortable. The food was most pleasing. A first course of curried sweet potato soup was unusual, cool, and tasty. We had a vegetarian main course that was excellent; the chicken with pasta was outstanding; and the swordfish was as good as the other two main courses. The wine list has a good range of prices. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. All in all, a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brick, New Jersey
“Fair Price for finner Wines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mark up of better Wines was about 100 % of what I pay for at home as opposed to 2 to 3 x's the price found in Manhattan. Food was acceptable (give it an 8 out of 10) but service was excellent.

Visited August 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“PORR QUALITY & SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

As a hotel guest, I had high expectations & I agree with other reviewers, brakfast was good. I was greeted by a waiter/supervisor, who seemed miffed because I was solo; my original booking was for 2, but I notified the hotel (more than once) that i was dining alone. My server was pleasant, but seemed totally inept. The "amuse" was a single shrimp - not fresh or tasty. I ordered the scallop appetizer & some other dish was delivered, without explanation or apology. When the scallops finally came (all 2 of them) they were accompanied by an abundance chorizo, which was dry & tastless; I didn't eat it & also avoided the hush puppies on the plate which were hard as marbles. Maybe the main would rescue the meal? NOT SO. The chicken was oversalted, over cooked; but I ate it anyway, because I was hungry. It was served on square pieces of pasta with ricotta cheese--I asked the waiter if the pasta was supposed to be cold? He said he would check with the chef-- I never got an answer & did not eat the pasta. So, 2 scallops, bread & a piece of chicken, plus 2 glasses of open wine (the ones on my check were not what I ordered or drank?)
for $80. I do not recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York, Usa
“Weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Awesome rooms ... get the epicurean package 2 nights wine and cheeses on arrival breakfast each day dinner one night girlfriend did not want to leave

Visited August 2013
Northwest Corner, Connecticut
“Breakfast was a lot better than dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First let me say that the breakfast that came with a stay in one of the inn's rooms was superb! The only negative about it was that many of the really lovely German china cups had chipped lips. The servers were also very nice and helpful.

Dinner, however, was not of the quality that I would have expected at the price we paid. The wine selection was very good, and the salad excellent, but my meat was, frankly overcooked. My dessert was three scoops of sherbet that were miniscule in size. We ate there the firstof three nights we were in town, and opted to go elsewhere the next two nights. We arrived without reservations and were asked if we had them with a tone that made it sound like we might really have a problem getting in wirthout one, but there were, as it turned out, very few diners in the room, and only one couple who came in after us.

• Visited August 2013