“Loved the ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open daily for dinner from 5pm with last seating at 9pm.Reservations are suggested. Our Tavern is handicapped accessible and attire is casual neat.Ye Olde Tavern has facilities for meetings and special events, such as Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Cocktails. We can serve up to 90 people.The State of Vermont has recognized our circa 1790 Colonial Inn as a 'Green Restaurants'. Wine Specatator & Wine Enthusiast Magazine have recognized our Wine List as one of the best in the country. Minna & Michael Brandt- Proprietors Jeannette Garneau- General Manager Cliff Cooper- Executive Chef
Southbury, Connecticut
“Loved the ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a lovely meal and great service. The restaurant offers a price fixe meal before 6pm which includes salad, dinner with sides and dessert. The homemade ale is a winner. There was nothing to complain about here.

Visited July 2014
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Sandy,
Thank you for the kind words and dining with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Tavern experience and were able to take advantage of the Early Bird Menu. Until next time, cheers! Michael.

Vermont
“CHARM AND WARMTH ALL IN ONE RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We dined at the Ye Old Tavern last night and had a charming and welcoming experience. The Garden Room is an oasis in any season, bringing the beauty of the outdoors inside, without the heat! Marie was our waitress and could not have been more professional, helpful, and lovely. The restaurant was quite busy and despite the crowd, she managed to pay attention to her tables with grace and humor. Our appetizers and entrees were as artistically presented as they were delicious. Flavors were clean and very fresh. There are so many options available on the menu, that are sure to please any palate. Ye Old Tavern is an experience not to be missed if you enjoy carefully orchestrated food, a charming ambiance, service that is top notch, and an atmosphere that allows you to relax and enjoy your special evening.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Claudia,
Wow, I am speechless. a big THANK YOU from all of us for your wonderful
review and your visit! From our server team to our kitchen brigade, we were
delighted to see that "the food was artistically presented and delicious"
and the "service was professional, helpful and lovely”. Your comments
will be shared with the staff and especially Marie. She has been a valued
member of our team for 13 years and we love working with her. Our chefs take
great pride in there work and happy it showed. I must agree, the Garden
Room is beautiful with its hand hewn beams, wood stove, antique 'tchotchke' and
abundance of plants.

Many thanks again and we look forward to your return! Michael
Orlando, Florida
“Crafted cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My friend and I were only going to stop in for a cocktail. Our crafted cocktails were so exceptional we stayed for dinner which was also exceptional.

Visited July 2014
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for stopping in for one of our 'Crafted Cocktails'. It is very important to us to keep history alive and that's our goal with Our 'Classic Cocktails Menu' Many of these drinks, have fallen out of fashion and have been replaced by cocktails like the 'Cosmopolitan'. It's a lot of fun reintroducing these cocktails, we like to say... "Drink what you grandparents drank'. I am very happy you decided to stay for dinner and enjoyed the entire evening. We look forward to your next visit. Cheers! Michael
Katie in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ
“What you'd want from Ye Olde Tavern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This place is charming and kitschy in exactly the right way. The history of the very old building is awesome and the decor is appropriate to the time period. Some may find it a little tired-looking but we loved that it fit what it was supposed to be, an authentic homage to times past. Service was friendly, menu was full of familiar classics done well and deliciously, without unnecessary fluff or weird ingredients that wouldn't make sense here. My veggie lasagna was surprisingly well done (didn't expect an Italian offering to be so yummy! but I risked it anyway... It spoke to me) and my husband's "pot pie" was delicious, although more of a shepherds pie without the crust. Waitress described it right on so we knew what to expect. Fun throwback dinner spot. Loved the beer in chilled mason mugs. Worth the spot, we would return in a heartbeat when back in Manchester.

Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Katie,
On goes the computer this morning and up pops your review, thanks! It is great knowing that you enjoyed the evening! We try to stay true to the age of the building with our twists on old time favorites and happy you get it. We look forward to welcoming you back and once again thanks. Michael
New York
“A Ye Olde Good Time & Good Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have to say this was one of the most pleasant dining experiences of my life and for sure the most pleasant from my stay in Manchester. Myself and my mom stayed at the Equinox a couple weeks ago for our annual birthday trip and while we usually eat dinner on that property I decided to do some research and venture out. I am so happy I did. I saw this place online and it looked exactly like the type of place myself and my mother enjoy. It is such a cute old tavern that reeks of history in a very nice location with a very good early bird special deal with lots of dinner choices. Between 5:00-5:59 you get a fantastic meal for just under 18 bucks. I was sure to make reservations as I can tell they are very much appreciated here and also I was sure to be in by 5:59. Myself and my mom both got the chicken pot pie on the special. First we got very nice and soft warm bread along with cranberry fritters which were phenomenal . There was also some kind of nice butter that went along with the bread I think maybe maple that was very tasty. Then we got the house salad and it was delicious. It had a very tasty dressing and blue cheese crumbles. After that we got our chicken pot pies which were both excellent and my mom is hard to please but she loved it. We also got a side of green beans and coleslaw which were both good. After our meals we had a choice of desert. We both went with the vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and the vanilla ice cream was very very good. It kind of had a real old fashioned homemade flair to it, it was delicious. Our waitress was also very attentive and kind.

At the end of our meal a lady who I think was the owner was nice enough to give us a history/tour of the place when she saw myself and my mom looking around. The tavern is interesting because it has all these different history filed rooms and one room even had an original brick oven fire place and we were told about how people would cook by hanging pots over the fire. I honestly can’t wait to go back and I plan on being in the Manchester area again at the end of this week and I have already repeatedly told my boyfriend that we are making reservations for us and his parents. I want to try the turkey dinner it sounded very good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michael B, Owner at YE OLDE TAVERN, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
WOW, what an awesome review, thanks! I am so happy that your daughter and you enjoyed your evening at our historic tavern. Jeannette (Our General Manager), was the one who gave you a tour and I will let you her know that you mentioned it. I look forward to having you return with your boyfriend. Hopefully we will have a chance to meet. Have a great 4th of July. Michael