“actually went to the Other Woman ~ the tavern ~ fun place, great food!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Perfect Wife

Ranked #16 of 63 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Amy's creative approach to combining ingredients results in an intriguing and delicious menu. Enjoy a memorable fine dining experience while relaxing in our rustic cobblestone walled restaurant and greenhouse garden room. Our broad wine list and extensive selection of spirits will provide just the right accompaniment for your meal. And as a reward for eating all your veggies, you should treat yourself to a delicious homemade dessert. Afterwards, feel free to stop in at our spirited local tavern for an after dinner drink or a game of darts, with live music in the tavern on most Friday evenings.
Agawam, Massachusetts
“actually went to the Other Woman ~ the tavern ~ fun place, great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great experience. We had to sit at the bar for a few minutes for a table and while there we enjoyed conversation with our bartender.
So many options to pick from, especially for a salad lover. My friend had the fish taco, I had the Bisto grilled chicken breast on a toasted ciabatta bun...delish...especially the herbed aioli, and crispy fried onions.
They have music some nights - but we didn't get a chance to stay!
Great experience!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shrewsbury, Vermont
“Impressive dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I were visiting friends in Manchester and we were looking for a nice comfortable relaxing place for dinner for the four of us. I had heard good things about this restaurant so we decided to try it. We were seated in what looks like an atrium with a nice view of the back yard. Our waitress was very friendly and very attentive. We loved how the menu had different fare from what you'd fine in most restaurants. I had the Peking duck and pancakes and salmon for an entree. My wife had the spinach salad and the turkey for her entrée. Both were extremely delicious. Our friends enjoyed their meals too. Other than the drinks being a little pricey everything was perfect. My wife wants to return for our next anniversary. I couldn't agree with her more

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Dover, VT
“Keeps Getting Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've dined at The Perfect Wife several times over the past few years and have enjoyed the food, service, ambience, etc. Last night was exemplary! We began with salads: My "new" lemon caesar was just that- light and lemony and not overdressed or cloying. My husband had Burrata on arugula which was equally enchanting. Our friend loved her warm spinach salad. On a rainy, cool night, my Chicken, Sausage and Scallop Paella warmed my soul. Sea scallops were undercooked to perfection. My husband went the meaty route with roast beef- a massive thick slab he could cut with a fork! Our third ordered Saltimbocca from the menu (ours were specials) and loved it. We shared the wonderful Creme Brulee for dessert. This is a known quantity for us, but our friend was amazed, stating that it was the best she's had. I admit that I'm not a huge fan of the noise of the Tavern, and the food there can best be described as good bar fare, but I love the dining experience downstairs. I also have to give a thumb's up to our waitress who was attentive, helpful, and able to relax and enjoy serving us.

Visited June 2013
Rockville Centre, NY
“Beautiful setting, wonderful food, attentive service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visit Manchester, VT a few times a year and we make sure to stop at The Perfect Wife. We always eat in the formal dining room, so I cannot comment on the Tavern section of this restaurant. The formal dining room has high glass walls overlooking a beautifully manicured garden. This time, I tried the vegetable spring rolls as my appetizer. They were wonderfully crispy and came with a delicious dipping sauce. Our daughter had a duck appetizer about which she raved! We enjoyed crab cakes as our main entree which we're heavy on the crab, not the filler! My husband had Chicken Saltimbooca , which he said was extremely good!

On a different note, our daughter has a peanut allergy which she mentioned to our waitress. The waitress was extremely good about telling us which dishes were "safe". As a matter of fact, she went so far as to tell us that their corn bread was made "in-house" but that their other bread was made at a farm in the area, so they couldn't vouch for the lack of peanuts! She was terrific!

Overall, a very satisfying dinner out!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ludlow, Vermont
“Good burgers, entertainment varies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were there on burger/acoustic night this winter. The burgers were great for the price, though the fries were just okay. There was a good crowd and live music, though the musician wasn't that great... yes, it was acoustic night, but it was all really depressing, sad acoustic stuff that didn't fit the pub atmosphere we were in.

• Visited January 2013