“Fabulous food. Great setting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 62 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Fabulous food. Great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

It all came together. We decided to eat outside as the sun set, even though it was starting to get cool. The sun remained long enough for us to eat while enjoying a beautiful view of the mountain as the sun set.
The food was fabulous. My veal was the best veal I have ever had. It was tender, delicious and cooked just right. My wife had Tournedos of beef and they were perfect. The mini-pies for dessert were wonderful. Even the house Malbec was above average.
Our server was helpful and pleasant. We were made to fell as if this was something special just for us.
A great evening where everything came together just right.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so very much for the kind words! It is really nice to be appreciated.
All the best and we look forward to your return.

Rock Island, Illinois
“Show up for the early Prix Fix. It is a deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We found the ad for this restaurant that advertised the Prix fix. We were in town to visit family but could not make connections until the next morning. There are many options for good, but expensive, meals in Manchester Center but the restaurant caught our eye. The Prix Fix for that night offered PEI mussels or veal cannelloni or soup for an appetizer. We chose the mussels and the pasta. Both were excellent and well prepared. My spouse and I had the Tornadoes and had choices of dessert of sorbet, Raspberry crisp and others. The meat was nice and tender and the sauce was excellent. The portion of meat was not huge, which was great for us but you may want to order it rare if you like it medium rare. The patio was lovely and overlooked the Green mountains. We were right off the road and the patio was an excellent option with our casual attire. Family who live in Manchester Center say that the Lobster bisque, a specialty of the house, is the best ever.; We would try it again.

Visited August 2013
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Service, staff and food not as good as previous years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was a favorite spot. This year waitress was unfriendly and I would not recommend the tuna. Then in efforts of having a fun dinner despite the rest we were told to be quiet, even though we were the only table on that side of the restaurant. Seems no fun patrons there... Too bad ... Was a good spot

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
So sorry for your experience. The tuna has always been first quality. I wish we'd been able to fix it the night of.
As far as the quiet thing goes, the blood curdling scream, which may or may not have been a laugh, was what got out attention.
We love fun as much as the next person, who was in the other side of the restaurant and was upset by the sound. I believe we just wanted to make sure everyone was alright and the "keep it down was certainly said with a smile.
Hope to see you next year when the VT Summer festival is in town again.
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Exquisite Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the great fortune to dine--not just "eat"-but dine (to this reviewer there is a tremendous difference) is this establishment not long ago (early July 2013). It was one of the best meals I have ever had....bar none. The ambience was friendly and welcoming. The service was equally professional and cordial as well. This reviewer started his experience with the Moroccan Spiced Lamb Sausage with Maple Mustard. It was tremendous. I moved on to a ravioli dish. They were stuffed with Spinach and were presented with garlic (not too much---just enough to make it interesting) and were topped with a smoked mozzarella that were absolutely delicious. The marinara sauce was top notch as well. The "trifecta" ended with a nectarine and raspberry crisp with vanilla ice cream that really brought the whole dining experience to a fantastic finish. Again....it was probably one of the best meals that I have ever had on the planet to date. It was that good....yes. I hope that one day in the not-too-distant future I can once again return to this place of culinary excellence. If you go, I have no doubt you too will enjoy your dining experience. Bon Apetite!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words! "probably one of the best meals that I have ever had on the planet to date."
Wow!
You have set the bar high! i hope we exceed your expectations on your next visit.
We strive for great experiences every day. I am delighted we were able to provide such a memorable occassion for you.
All the best!
Waalwijk, The Netherlands
“Nice dinner in beautiful setting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a nice dinner in Bistro Henry, we had a table outside which is very rare in the US :) The food was great, had great meat and also fish specialties, service is very good, the only disadvantage is that the style of the building is not in New England style and misses some atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Bedankt voor de vriendelijke woorden, Mieke!
Thank you for the kind words, Mieke!
You were fortunate to miss some of the lovely liquid sunshine we have been having. I personally think our deck is one of the nicest outdoor locales anywhere.
The central part of Bistro Henry started out as a cape. Clapboard siding, slate roof and contrast wood trim are all very typical of this area. My predecessors did do some 'interesting' additions. I decided to change the color scheme from classic white with green trim, because Bistro Henry is a building with character owner and run by a bit character.
Glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you soon.
Blij dat je genoten hebt van je tijd bij ons en hopen u snel te zien.