“excellent motel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Manchester
West New York, New Jersey
“excellent motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This motel was a wonderful find for me in the mountains of vermont. The owner was pleasant and very helpful. Also, had a great sense of humor. The room was large and very clean. The grounds and area is also very well kept. I will certainly go back if i'm in that area again.

Room Tip: As far as i could see any of the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My fiance and I traveled to this motel, about a mile to a mile and a half outside of downtown Manchester, for a wedding. Initially, the motel was unsure if we would be allowed to book only one night, however, they relented, but normally there does seem to be a two night minimum. The rooms are very clean, you can see they were freshly vacuumed which is reassuring and all you really need in this kind of establishment.

It seemed like all the rooms cost the same per night, however, Rooms 18 and 12 were much larger than the two other rooms my friends and I were given, 8 and 5. Room #5, our room, was by far the oddest, as it was a handicapped room with what amounted to a closet for a shower. If you go, request one of the larger rooms with two doors. Some of the air conditioners worked better than others, which is almost always going to be the case in smaller motels like this.

Overall, the motel is somewhat dated, but the staff is incredibly nice. The owner even offered to drive us to the wedding if the shuttle didn't show up! I wouldn't hesitate to book here again if I was in town for a function, but I wouldn't think to book if I was going for vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Edward, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was treated awful from the start, as soon as I checked in she was arguing with me about my booking, and basically called me a Iier. Then she told me was was going to upgrade me but since she was unhappy about my booking she is no longer and now is going to give us a smaller room. OOOO ok, gee, I already paid for the room, I paid for one night, I remember asking for ONLY one night and she said that would be fine but had a fit when I sign in. The hospitably or lack there of just continued from there, but the time we left, I wanted to cry, I have never been spoken to or treated like that by a business, well I will tell everyone of my horrible stay and I will officially never stay there again!

Room Tip: pick one at a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our group was put up here for a week of business meetings. Although the hosts were very friendly, the place is a bit dated. Circa 1970's. The rooms and baths are spacious and clean but need a little sprucing up. The continental breakfast on the other hand was tragic. Cold cereals, toast and bagels, I know...a continental breakfast. Skip it and drive into town and find something else.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Somers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stay here every time I visit Vermont, which is at least three times yearly. The owners, Murveta and Branco, treat us like family. The place is clean, the rooms are big, warm in winter and cool in summer and well appointed. I've recommended it to my friends who come up to ski at Stratton and they have all become regular long time guests. I highly recommend the Weathervane to all who come to this beautiful area.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I had several friends coming down and needed to room for four. The owners were great, the room was very clean and comfortable. While the decor is a little dated it had a quaint and homey feel. The continental breakfast had many options and was ample to prep us for skiing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
West Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

One of the first things you notice here is that the owners Murveta and Branko treat you like
old friends. They go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are very clean, large and well appointed. Slept very well with no noise. Our hiking club stayed here one night for the Annual Holiday Open House Tour. The location is perfect to downtown and other attractions. Rates included a continental breakfast which gives you a good head start for the day. Some of our group stayed an extra night. Highly recommend the Weathervane Motel. I now have new friends having met Murveta and Branko.

Room Tip: The fireplace rooms give you a pleasant ambience
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Weathervane Motel? Share your experiences!