“Wonderful pork!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 63 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Marsh Tavern is a restaurant at the Equinox House located downstairs in the main hotel. Others have reviewed it so I don't understand why I couldn't find it. I didn't give the hotel a good review but we loved Marsh Tavern and I would like to publish it.
Curitiba, PR
“Wonderful pork!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great pork! The restaurant has a nice ambiance and very good food, at least the pork was wonderful.
It is also important to mention the homemade ice cream which also is worth trying.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Dine carefully!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Unlike the Chop House, the food here is spotty. Same chef, but woefully bad menu. Shepard's Pie in 95 degree weather??? Glubby gravy, fatty chicken. Slimely, smelly seafood!! Poor waitstaff. So disappointing. Used to LOVE LOVE it. Way downhill.

Visited August 2013
“Ordinary; slightly high priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited the Marsh Tavern for a late lunch (3:30) as they seem to be the only restaurant serving at that hour, given they are part of the Equinox Hotel. There is a limited pub menu at that time with cheeseburger for $14, large meatball for $10, chicken wings for $15, and a few other items. I had the burger and my companion had the meatball. My burger was cooked correctly, and although I wasn't advised that it came with fries, Bob the bartender happily brought me a small side salad alternatively. The meatball and sauce was good. Lunch for two with two beers totaled $36 pre-tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“An overpriced mess”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We love Vermont and have eaten well throughout the state, but our recent Sunday evening visit to the Marsh Tavern was a big mistake. I wish we had read some other reviews before making a reservation. My husband ordered the Lobster Bake, a $34 piece of highway robbery. One lobster claw does not make for a lobster meal, especially when lobster is retailing for $4.99 per pound. If there had been a decent amount of other seafood, that might have saved the dish, but there were only 3 shrimp and a few clams to round out the dish. Add to that the heavy hand with the salt, and the dish was a disaster. The corn chowders were not much better - a better description would have been potato chowder. And does nobody know how to season a bowl of soup or chowder? As much as we tried to add some flavour with the addition of salt and pepper, it was like eating a bowl of bland mush. My daughter ordered the duck, which was edible, but the potato pancake that it sat on had clearly been cooked earlier in the day and simply thrown in the microwave prior to service. The family consensus was that would would have eaten better at Red Lobster for a fraction of the price. We are foodies who don't mind paying a high price for great food, but to pay what we paid for slop which the kitchen clearly doesn't care about, is inexcuseable. We can only imagine that with the well-to-do who pass through the Equinox Hotel and are not willing to make a fuss, the Marsh Tavern doesn't have to care about what they serve. The fact that our waitress, the assistant chef who came out to see us but didn't even bother to ask what was wrong with what dishes, and the young manager of the restaurante didn't seem to grasp that there was a problem or try to fix it properly, made for a very unpleasant evening. After having a first class meal at Keepers Restaurant in Reading, Vermont the night before, I was in tears over the shambles of a high-priced dinner at a place where nobody even gave a crap. Shame... Be forewarned and eat at The Marsh Tavern at your peril.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Northwest Corner, Connecticut
“A Great Place for Pub Grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Marsh Tavern is not a gourmet restaurant, to be sure, but the ambience is lovely--with lots of folks there to make the atmosphere fun. The food is what you might expect from a New England tavern--albeit in a high-priced resort. The price of food and drink in the tavern was also, however, not what it would be in the Equinox's main dining room. I had a perfectly prepared shepherd's pie with a nice wine to match. We spoke to someone in one of the town's shops who told us that she often goes there for lunch. Makes sense to me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere