“Good food - Very good Service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 62 restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Marsh Tavern is a restaurant at the Equinox House located downstairs in the main hotel. Others have reviewed it so I don't understand why I couldn't find it. I didn't give the hotel a good review but we loved Marsh Tavern and I would like to publish it.
new england
“Good food - Very good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Food was very good and varied from fish to short ribs all were happy. A little expensive but worth the price. Service was excellent well trained attentive but not overbearing.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Connecticut
“Not as good as it could be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Currently staying at The Equinox, we ate lunch in the Marsh Tavern today. Excellent service and delicious bread. Unfortunately, the "lobster roll" turned out to be a lobster salad sandwich with scant lobster. The Tuscan flatbread was a cold, soggy mess. My son's pasta from the kids' menu was adequate if a bit soft. We really expected better from The Equinox. Disappointing.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“My Idea of a Hotel Tap Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were exploring Manchester and it came time for lunch. We figured we would do well at the Equinox and we weren't disappointed. A great tavern menu. I had the corn chowder and the chicken pot pie. Both good quality. The chowder was not too thick, in other words they didn't cheat with flour. But my wife was in heaven with the lobster roll, a proper generous one. And there's a well laid out beer list, something sadly lacking in a lot of restaurants. Service was personable and attentive.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, Vermont
“Classy, laid back, done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I visit the Marsh tavern several times a year as its one of our favorite places yet often overlooked by locals as it is in The Equinox Hotel. The atmosphere is very nice, cozy inside and a really nice outdoor dinning experience on the big porch on a summer night. My only complaint is that they dont change the menu very often and as a local its a bit repetative. Im sure this isnt a factor for hotel guests however. We also love to grab a drink at the Falcon bar in the hotel after dinner. Overall very good place to eat.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shelton, Connecticut
“GREAT PLACE FOR LUNCH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Went ther for lunch AFTER trying to eat at The Silver Fork, which turned customers away even before their lunchtime ended.....boy were we happy........Had a delicious lunch..sitting at the bar.

Visited February 2012