“Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Manchester B&B and Inns
Boxford, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inns at the Equinox Hotel for our Anniversary. We purchased a Groupon. Our room was in the Townhouse. The website boasted about multi-million dollar revitalization, not in the Townhouses. The room was small and the bathroom featured outdated tiles and cabinets. There was no WiFi or coffee in the room. When we told the staff at the front desk about our disappointment in the room they said the Hotel was completely booked, but I checked my ipad and they were not completely booked. He told us the Inns at the Equinox is a completely separate hotel. I found out after trying to contact the parent company, that they are a separate hotel. This is NOT communicated clearly and I feel like I was deceived. I would never stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very nice property full of extremely nice professionals! Incredible rooms, great restaurant/bar, fantastic grounds! They have an outdoor firepit that truly must have a gravitational pull! Was here for work and plan to visit again with my wife and kids. Try to get one of the corner rooms - views are spectacular. Free shuttle van to drive & pick up from local restaurants. Fly fishing pond, golf course, falconry.....nothing not to LOVE!!!

Room Tip: Any of the corner rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We've stayed in the main building ( for a lot more$$).. Several times.But you get what you pay for!
Townhouses were a groupon and if we hadn't been upgraded to a queen suite: we might have left! The rooms were so tiny,you could only fit around the bed to get into it! And it looked on the parking lot at wheel level! Our accidental Upgrade was worth the discount price and it was fine. But although it's described as renovated: it's really a new paint job and not much more. A little grimy, not pristine. Sheets had patches sewn on them and covers had permanent stains. The toilet had disgusting stains that looked like no one ever dumped bleach into the bowl. No vents in the bathroom. Faucets were grimy underneath the heads. No one us chrcking on the cleanliness! And although there was a heat lamp. We couldn't find the switch for it.
BUT! The property and facilities are great ( the pool was closed for part of the stay by the health department bc some kid had a. Accident! If you know what I mean!! And no one even offered to buy drinks fir the inconvenience of not being able to use it! BUT!I'd return but to different accommodations. And ask for some kind of comp bc of the pool incident!

• Stayed June 2014
Morrisville, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I feel the need to add to all these reviews to say my husband and I had a wonderful stay at the equinox. A groupon and gift card was purchased for us as a group gift from our family and friends to give us our first weekend away as a married couple.

I can't speak to the value of the resort itself because I honestly don't know how much it costs per night, but my husband and I have never been so well taken care of at a hotel. Granted, we are not the type of people who are used to valet parking or breakfast where the orange juice comes out in a carafe.

We checked in on Saturday afternoon, and did no leave until Sunday morning. We each went down to the spa for a Swedish massage and absolutely loved it. My husband had never gotten a massage before and after this visit to the spa he can't stop talking about wanting to do it again.

There are a lot of complaints here that the room was small, and I guess it was, but we were looking for some quiet romantic time and for us it was perfect. Our room was on the first floor and was not far at all from the front desk. There was a chair and small table. We were able to chill some champagne we brought and toast our first weekend away together. We thought all of the furnishings were very nice and loved the leaf theme.

We went to dinner at the marsh tavern and loved it. We each got drinks, appetizers, and entrees and it came to about $150 with a generous tip. The food and service there was amazing.

We did stop by the falcon bar which had a really neat feel to it. The drinks were very expensive BUT very strong. My drink was so strong I wasn't really able to drink it, but I'm also kind of weak when it comes to how strong I like my drinks.

For dessert, we decided to get room service. We wanted ice cream, and the only place we could see it on the menus was the kids section. We called and asked if we could have adult portions, and someone was at our door in no joke five minutes.

In the morning we had a lovely breakfast on site. My husband says that the pancakes at the buffet were literally the best he's ever had.

From beginning to end the staff was amazing. When we filled out the survey, I even got a personal follow up from the person who checked us in. During the phone call He mentioned tripadvisor and filling out a review, so considering we had an amazing romantic weekend together, it's the least I could do.

Again, we aren't the type of people who stay at a place like the equinox all the time, but after this experience I understand why people pay big bucks for places like this.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Inns at Equinox, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Good evening and thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post your review! The Inns offer complete access to the amenities of the Equinox Resort at a very smart price; however it is our amazing ambassadors and personalized service that sets us apart. Thank you again, and I look forward to your next visit to Manchester Village! -Mark
Towanda, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We recently stayed at the Townhouses at The Equinox. I have to admit, I was skeptical about staying here due to the poor reviews the resorts annex building has received. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort, cleanliness, and amenities of the room. We stayed in a king room with a great view of the mountains. It was convenient to everything the resort offered and the bed was heavenly. We enjoyed every minute of our visit from each onsite restaurant to the spa. Our only complaint was the rain that spoiled some of our outdoor activities. We expect to return in the summer months when we can enjoy the patios off the rooms in the townhouses and of course, more outdoor activites in the sunshine! Thanks to ALL the staff at the Equinox....we truly did have a WONDERFUL stay!

Room Tip: If you are on a budget and would like to experience a grand resort, the townhouses are perfect. I d...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Since we were using a Groupon I was not under any illusions that we would be in the Presidential Suite, but I was certainly not prepared for for the downright shabbiness of the accommodation. We are not talking "shabby chic" here either. In fact the entire annex where we were housed was very reminiscent of those tired motels that used to line I95 between North Carolina and Florida. Since I very much doubt that the annex was built exclusively for Groupon users I would seriously advise checking on the location and furnishings when booking. The only redeeming feature was the pool/gym/spa complex. All in all, considering the many fine options in the area I'd definitely give The Equinox a pass.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hartford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Maybe I shouldn't place a review because I didn't actually stay here, but I did want to place a comment that my decision not to stay was based on the Inns' customer service. After purchasing a LivingSocial coupon for the Inns, I tried on multiple occassions to call and make a reservation for a pet-friendly room. The phone rang, and rang, and rang on at least two occassions. On the third try, when I did get someone on the line, they were rude. It seemed like we were having phone problems, and eventually this person hung up on me. When I called back, this person said, "is this a wrong number? this is the third time you've called." This time, I hung up on him. I'd had enough. I claimed LivingSocial's 30-day refund on travel deals and got my money back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Inns at Equinox? Share your experiences!