“Mixed messages” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2187 Depot St, Rtes 11/30, Manchester, VT 05255 (Formerly Avalanche Motel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Manchester
Chicago
“Mixed messages”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The couple who run this place are completely guest-oriented. I went down to the desk to ask about something on wi-fi. The guy walked back to my room to check...that is customer service! where things get a little strange is in the actual customer experience. I think they are trying to upgrade an old property but cracks show. Yes, the place is spotless, but the plumbing has small leaks and daylight shows through the edge of the back door. I give them A for effort and the price is right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Laconia, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

checked in and the desk clerk took a very long time to check me in ,then I had to ask for my credit card back and license back, the room was OK but I went to take a shower and there was only cold water, had to let it run for 15 minutes! it looked like they had coffee and light breakfast in the lobby but when we went there at 8am the door was locked.the place had a very creepy feeling to it. the TV signal kept going out repeatedly, not the best choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Belmar, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend. I was very pleased with my experience. The staff is polite and friendly and the rooms are super clean which is very important to me. I would recommend this hotel and will definetly stay here again next time I come up.

• Stayed March 2014
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Prhoades,

(802) 362-3333

Life isn't worth living, unless it is lived for someone else.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for a hockey tournament The rooms are outdated. The bathroom had no heat source and was on the outside wall. The tiled floor was so cold we had to lay down towels to walk into the bathroom without shoes on. The ice bucket had water and dirt left in it from a previous occupant. The pillow cases had stains or were dirty, we couldn't tell. We left for breakfast only to return to a room full of what we now assume was car exhaust and the CO detector going off. When I phoned the front desk, a man with very limited English answered, after attempting to explain the situation and figure out what the cause was he told me to "call someone" and he hung up on me. I went to the front desk to speak in person and he called his daughter in to speak with me about cleaning my room. I attempted to explain to her, but she came to the room and at first said that it goes off when the room was too hot (wrong) and then told us it was a non smoking room (we don't smoke). The people were so rude and did not care about solving the situation. I called econo lodge customer service and they informed me that I couldn't log a complaint until after I checked out, but had to stay a second night because they had already required full payment when I checked in. I could go on and on about how bad my experience was, but you get the idea.

• Stayed January 2014
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear LHockeyS,

Rugby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We paid $142.99 for one night (albeit a Saturday in "leaf" season) for what is nothing more than a roadside motel, well out of town (almost the last building). The room was adequate but the included breakfast was very poor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013

Woburn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We paid under $100 for the night and it was worth it. This place is operated by a family that is working very hard to get it right. I particularly liked that the windows look out onto a quiet area so it was nice for getting fresh air at night. The beds were too hard and could use a topper, but that is the only complaint. Nice shower.

Room Tip: Tell them if you want to use wifi because some rooms receive it better than others, and they will he...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 18, 2013

Driggs, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We paid over $100 a night to stay in a dirty room with a bathroom door that didn't even close all the way. The husband and wife that own the motel seemed overwhelmed and while he was atleast friendly she was extremely rude. There were bugs on the bathroom walls and the toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. This place could really use some help and it is not at all worth the money to stay there.

• Stayed September 2013
Gary P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

Gary Patel

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!