“The most fun at 5 mph” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Activities in Manchester
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located at The Equinox Resort, the new Land Rover Experience Driving School is open year round. This experience features off-road driving instruction in all conditions. Participants experience numerous challenges on the 80-acre purpose-built course, with an extensive trail system for exploration. Here you will learn techniques on ascents, descents, side tilts and rocky terrain. The degree of difficulty is matched to the driver's skill, and more advanced drivers are invited to explore our expansive trails through the stunning Green Mountains.
North Adams, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
“The most fun at 5 mph”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This is a fun way to learn what the Land Rovers are capable of. In the introduction, you get to learn about the cars, go through the custom built course with your instructor, and then drive it yourself. It's a ton of fun.

Boston
26 attraction reviews
“Good off-road experience if you haven't tried it - not good if you have experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011 via mobile

My wife treated me to a two-hour "lesson" for my birthday. If you have never driven a Land Rover this will be a thrill and I highly recommend it ... But if you already own a Land Rover:... Before going we explained that I had already done a number of owner off-road days where we learned how to navigate difficult terrain and obstacle courses in our Land Rovers (I own an LR3). I was told we would have to do the intro lesson before we could do anything else but that the instructor would vary the lesson based on experience. While I did learn one or two new techniques I was thoroughly dissapointed to have spent $400 ($360 after owner discount) on learning something that took me 10 minutes to learn. The rest was driving around the terrain course which wonderfully demonstrates the fantastic capabilities of Land Rovers but which for me was no different to the typical course we do on the free owner's day put on by our local LR dealer - in fact I would say I have driven over much more challenging terrain in my own LR3 on these owner's days than I did here. I spent the first 30 minutes as a passenger listening to the instructor explain how my own car worked (even though we were in a Range Rover they all work the same). I admit I lost it a bit when he started to tell me about the terrain response system ... I have been driving an LR3 for 5 years on and off-road ... I may not be an expert but I'm obviously not new to the Land Rover terrain response system.

New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Fun for all sexes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

My husband and I took a two hour beginners class and it was great. Informative, usefull, thrilling - lots and lots of fun. The instructor was great. Knowledgable and confident. I was a little nervous about driving off-road and he made me feel completely at ease. My husband is a very experienced driver and avid cars geek and he thoroughly enjoyed the experience too.

Cliffsid
“Great off-road practice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

We did the 2 hr driving lesson with Josh (who was a fantastic instructor - very calm, which is great for a first time off-road driver). We had a great time learning how to handle different terrain and elevation changes and it's always fun to drive a full-sized Range Rover. On our next trip we will definitely do the afternoon course and I suspect we will then amend this to a 5 star rating - the only problem with the lesson was that we didn't book the adventure course for the next day!