My family and I stayed at the Equinox between August 25, 2013 and August 29, 2013. We checked into the hotel on mid-afternoon on August 25th. The following day -- around 400pm -- I noticed several red marks on the top of my right foot. The marks were in a pattern of 3, and they itched. At that point, we had not spent any time in the woods, and my foot/lower leg was covered by shoes and socks. The following morning I awoke and noticed that I had 2 more red welts on my right foot - spaced about the same distance as the other marks -- and now 1 on my other foot. I went to a local medical office, the Northshire Medical Center, to have my welts inspected, which by this point were itching very much. They wrote a report and said that while there is no test to indicate 100% that the welts were from bed bugs, they said the location, size and pattern of the marks were consistant with bed bugs. Additionally, my wife and 8 year old son, who slept in the same bed for 1 night, also had welts, but my daughter, who slept on a sofa bed in the hotel room did not have any welts.
We told the Equinox, and they denied having bed bugs, but they moved us to another room and quaranteed the room we were staying in (Room 632 in the Orvis House). They acknowledged that bed bugs are a growing problem, but still denied having bed bugs and said they inspected the room and found nothing.
I have a picture of the marks on my foot, which the hotel did not want to see -- that is, they didn't want to see my foot at the time and didn't want to see the report from the Northshire Medical Center, which I thought was surprising. I am happy to share both the pictures of my foot and the medical report to anyone who wants to see them.
While the Equinox has lovely staff, we will not be staying there again. What a shame.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.