“Great Thanksgiving!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
River Vale, NJ
“Great Thanksgiving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

A last minute decision, we decided to get away for Thanksgiving and we were so glad we discovered The Equinox Resort and Spa. The hotel has so much charm and history! We booked the Thanksgiving package, it came with breakfast, a $50 gift certificate for the outlets and resort fees waived! All and all, a wonderful stay with two kids. The only negative thing I could say is that a coffee machine in the room would've been nice. But they do have a set up of coffee and tea station right off the lobby. Beautiful hiking trails right off the hotel property. We'll definitely return again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff and service at the Equinox is great. We had a wonderful 40th birthday celebration for my wife and we loved the resort as it was super clean, the food was excellent (all of our meals). Kim was our waitress and was a pleasure to talk with and had great local knowledge. It really shows that everyone takes pride in this property and the services as well as the history it offers.
We will definitely be back again and next time I would like to hit the golf course.

Quechee, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

After 60 years, I know what I want. I wanted the Equinox for my 60th birthday with my three daughters. Our adjoining rooms made us feel like we were the family we once were, years ago.

The rooms were perfect for chatting and sharing memories of old times, and we took this time to plan my eldest daughter's upcoming wedding in our home town, Quechee, Vermont.

These Vermonters pick the Equinox for celebrations where the food, service and atmosphere cannot be matched. Even on chilly nights, the fire pit is beckoning and encourages deep sleep. Peaceful views are in every direction and leaving is always hard. But, we will always come back to the Equinox.

Room Tip: We chose a fourth floor corner room, and loved the views of the street below including the court hou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I cant say enough about the Equinox Spa and Resort- It is truly a tranquil, peaceful place to get away to. There were many dogs of all sizes at the Equinox. Most were very well behaved! Of course they were not allowed in the spa or pool area. Staff was attentive and caring. Facilities are clean - they thought of everything! My spa services were perfect right down to the Tazo tea ! Manchester is a nice place to walk around many beautiful high end stores and restaurants

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and it was beautiful
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We live in Singapore. My husband's family is from upstate New York. Everytime we visit them in NY, we always make a trip to Vermont, at Manchester and stay at Equinox. Equinox is a great property with nice room. One time we were there in off-season, they upgraded us to a 1 BR suite for no extra charge.

Everything is really good about this place, from property, to rooms, restaurants. I never used their spa, my husband did once and liked it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I just came back from a weekend at the Equinox and being from NJ and just getting over the Hurricane this was the perfect spot to go and relax and enjoy the scenery. Being an SPG Platinum Member I do hold a higher standard for the SPG properties but also took into consideration the history of this resort before arriving...

Let me start off with the fact that I had planned to propose this particular weekend to my then girlfriend, so I contacted the Concierge, RICH, who did an amazing job. Through e-mail we talked on a daily basis and had set-up a room service breakfast which turned out to be great. The food, flowers, champagne, was all excellent. THANK YOU RICH if you are reading this!

I got to the resort about noon and my room was already ready for check-in which was great. I was given a suite in the Charles Orvis Inn (I had a free upgrade). This had a kitchen, fireplace sitting area, 2 flat screen TVs and a separate room with the king bed and bathroom. Yes, the rooms and buildings are old but it was all expected. A few stains on the carpet and the bathtub did not drain well but it didn't bother me that much. Just know you are going to an older resort so expect these things.

We dropped are things and walked downtown which is beautiful. We had a quick lunch and walked back to the resort and did a little bit of hiking in the awesome trails behind the property. The mountain trails are beautiful! We had a spa appointment at 530PM which we both enjoyed.

Dinner that night was at the Marsh Tavern and the food was great, no complaints. I had the Roasted Filet Mignon Medallions and my fiance had the Maple Plank Salmon. Atmosphere is good, it might be loud for some but I wasn't looking for a quiet romantic spot. We finished the night at the Falcoln bar with a live band and decent service (Bartenders make awesome drinks.) It was busy so understandable to be waiting for orders. The outside fire pit was a little packed so we stayed inside to listen to the music.

The next morning (after the proposal) we went for an even longer hike. That night we had an early dinner at Bistro Henry's about a 10 minute drive from the resort. Food there was awesome. Fiance had the Grilled Scottish Salmon and I had a seasonal dish Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Raviolis. Very quiet (no cellphones) and low key which made our engagement night awesome.

Couple other things: BellHop guys are very nice and offer to take you or pick you up anywhere in town. The property as a whole is very warming and kept clean. Great gym, okay sized indoor pool, Spa facilites are clean.

If you are looking for a relaxing getaway with a ton of great food and enjoy the outdoors Equinox is your spot. We plan to go back again and explore the village more and try even more restaurants, and take on the 3 mile trail in the mountain!

Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wonderful staff, wonderful environment, wonderful service. They are deserving excellent comment. Especially, I was looking forward to have a seat around the open bar and fire place during the happy hours in the yard.

Room Tip: Accross side to open fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!