“The Equinox Resort & Spa VT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Manchester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
“The Equinox Resort & Spa VT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wonderful staff, wonderful environment, wonderful service. They are deserving excellent comment. Especially, I was looking forward to have a seat around the open bar and fire place during the happy hours in the yard.

Room Tip: Accross side to open fireplace.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Beautiful facilities, excellent service, lovely surroundings... what else does one need if you want to take a few days off for relaxing. Good restaurants and shopping also available in the area. Will definitely be back...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MarkONeillGM, General Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you had such a great experience at the Equinox Golf Resort and Spa! We know that our guests have high standards and expectations and we strive to make sure that we are doing everything we can to meet those expectations.

Please join us again soon for another relaxing weekend. We look forward to having you!
NY Metro area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been visiting the Equinox for over 20 years and have never been disappointed! The staff is warm, welcoming, and super attentive. The hotel is stately, opulent, and chock full of amenities. Dinner at the Marsh Tavern, breakfast in the Colonade, lunch at the Dormy Grill, all great. Try the driving school, the falconry, and play golf. Great fitness center, lovely spa. You can't go wrong at the Equinox. Family friendly and pet friendly too! My son is a student at Middlebury College and when we go to visit, the Equinox is our meeting place. Also perfect for a Girl's Weekend!

Room Tip: I have stayed in nearly every type of room, from a cozy "ski" room to the largest suite-yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
menlo park, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We needed to stay one night in the Manchester area at the end of October. The Equinox is a beautiful, classy, and stately property. The only downfall of the stay was when it was time to check out and continue our trip across the state. I did not want to leave! The staff was top notch, our room was impeccable with plenty of space for two adults and a teenaged child. The breakfast buffet was perfect and views from the room so serene. I look forward to traveling back to the area with the sole purpose of staying additional nights at The Equinox.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We can't wait to come back to Vermont just to stay at the Equinox. The falconry school is also on our list of things to do next time we stay here. We got two rooms and really enjoyed our stay. We rented some bikes and rode around the area. Manchester is beautiful. The history behind this hotel is really cool too, because Ethan Allen and other revolutionary soldiers sat in the hotel tavern and strategized. If you love history and a good night's stay, then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip here for my birthday. The property is beautiful and the staff is very nice. Unfortunately, we came late in the season (last weekend of October) so the trees were pretty much bare. As some other reviewers have said, the rooms are fine...like a very nice hotel room. However, for over $500 a night, I expected a lot more in terms of decor. In addition, the walls in the main building (at least on the 4th floor) are paper thin. On Sunday morning at around 8:45 am, a group of people in the next room must have been meeting up with another group for breakfast. I swear it sounded like they were in our room. We heard all about how little "Oliver" fell and got a boo-boo while another Mom was yelling for her kids Adam and Phoebe. Part of the issue is obviously the lack of courtesy of the hotel guests to be quiet on a Sunday morning but the lack of sound-proofing between the rooms certainly didn't help. We did not have dinner at the Equinox but we did enjoy sitting by the outdoor fire pit for a night cap. My husband and I both had massages at the spa the next day. I think my poor husband thought he booked a "couples massage" where we would be in the same room but we were in separate rooms. The spa area is very nice and we enjoyed the massages. Overall, it was a nice trip but I wouldn't necessarily consider it the best spot for a "romantic" couples weekend. There are a lot of children around and the rooms don't have that special feeling for the price. Several years ago we went to the Chambery Inn in MA (see my prior review) which had a 4 poster bed, seating area in the room, free in-room breakfast delivered in a basket which was what I was expecting at the Equinox. For a couples getaway, I would lean towards a smaller, more intimate spot. However, for leaf-peeping and outlet shopping, the Equinox would be good for families.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Wales, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I had an enjoyable stay at the Equinox. It is a large property with newly renovated rooms. There was an excellent spa and my husband played a round of golf on the hotel's course. We ate a fine meal at the Marsh Tavern and had a drink at the really nice firepit area one evening. My only argument is that the rooms don't have much character, they seem like typical rooms you'd find in any good hotel. I wish there was more of a Vermont country feel to them. But, all in all, a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!