“November Weekend Wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stepping Stone Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndonville
Stepping Stone Spa
You added Stepping Stone Spa to your Saves list
1545 Darling Hill Road, Lyndonville, VT 5851   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“November Weekend Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We attended a wedding weekend event and the entire group stayed here at the B&B spa. The hostess was gracious and accomodating to our large and varied group. The Inn has a number of gathering rooms and areas, which worked well for our group. My favorite area was the eat in kitchen! The kitchen was warm and friendly and offered an expansive westward view across the meadows. We also took advantage of the fire pit both nights, with hot chocolate and drinks as we sat around and talked.

I admit that I am not a fan of the B&B style, and lean toward modern and luxurious. That said, this was a quintessential B&B with lots of rooms and nooks and crannies. Each room has a private bath and many had the jazuzzi tub. Myself, I would prefer a standup shower - but those are rare in B&B world.

If you are looking for a comfortable place in a fabulous Vermont setting - this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Fairbanks, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I hate to be a complainer so I almost didn't write this review. Lets start with the positives: the staff are all very friendly and helpful with directions and knowledgeable about the area. Yes they are only there during the day and in and out sometimes during the day but that didn't bother us at all. The location is excellent- very quiet and beautiful views from your room windows. Now for the downside: our room was very, very buggy. Which I know is expected being an old farm house in the country but this was 1 of 5 inns we stayed at during our trip (all old farmhouses in the country) and never had this problem. We stayed there 3 days and killed on average probably 10-15 flies, 10 ladybugs, and 5 strange beetle looking bugs each day. The room in itself was big and the jacuzzi tub fabulous, but the room just seemed dirty. When we walked in for the first time I noticed dead flies on each one of our windowsills. The biggest disappointment for me was that we stayed there for 3 days and never once had a housekeeper come into our room. No one took out the trash, made our bed, checked if we needed more toilet paper-nothing. There was even an envelope in our room designated for housekeeping tips so I am not sure why a housekeeper never came. It seems like if there is an envelope designated for tips you shouldn't have to ask to have your room clean. So for 3 days our trash just piled up in our room and we just used the same towels. Breakfast was all cold and continental as advertised.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Chelsea, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I were spending the weekend mountain biking at Kingdon Trails and we chose Stepping Stone Spa as our lodging, since we wanted a bit of a spa spin on our trip. We were not disappointed. Firstly, this place is so quaint and charming - it felt just like home. Breakfast was wonderful, not a limited continental breakfast, but a hearty healthy breakfast to get us ready for hours of mountain biking. It is situated right on the trails, so we could leave from the spa on our bikes. And as an added bonus, they let us use their kitchen, so we ended up eating in both nights and making ourselves a fabulous dinner in a professional kitchen - it was so awesome!! Quiet, clean, and very attentive staff. What more could you ask for?!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My daughter was in school near by so I have stayed here on numerous occasions. One of my favorite places to stay when I am visiting. Beautiful setting, nice staff with wonderful spa amenities. I have tried all of the housing arrangements in the area, and this was by far the cleanest and the nicest place to stay. The management is very flexible, and having the spa just a mere couple of feet away is ideal. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Sherbrooke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Simply charming!
A beautiful place with a great staff. We were there twice and loved it.
The rooms are nicely decorated, the t.v room comfortable and the breakfast room very clean.

We were there in the spring for mountain biking ; right on the kingdom trails. Wow!
In winter for skiing in Burke, a very nice mountain five minutes from the spa.

Room Tip: The large room with the large bathtub in the room ...very romantic!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a great way to spend your birthday!! The staff was great and massages were heavenly!! Great breakfast and a quiet location!! Local restaurants were great. A nice play to relax with no TV!! A great getaway weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

For my birthday, my husband and I opted for a trip in Burke to enjoy the awesome biking trails the Kingdom has to offer. We decided for the first time to stay overnight to enjoy a good night sleep as we have too very young boys that have a tendency to wake up at the wee hours in the morning.

We found that the staff was friendly, discreet and eager to make our stay a memorable one. We were able to drop off our luggage early in the day, before we hit the trails. Everything was waiting in our room upon our return and check in. Based on a quick conversation, the newly appointed manager had taken the initiative to call around to find out who would be open and who would have a reservation available on a Monday night for dinner. Therefore, she had options for us upon our return from our day of riding.

The staff is there only on regular business hours. However, we didn't lack of anything after they left and we had the place to ourselves to booth! We were shown how to work the sauna and made sure to take advantage of this during the evening. When we came down at breakfast time, we had fresh hot coffee, fresh fruit and locally fresh baked goods waiting for us.

We booked massages at the spa for the early afternoon. I came to my massage therapist with bruises, soreness, twitching fingers in one hand and loss of sensation in the fingers of the other hand. He was able to work this all out and by the end of my massage, I felt great. This had to be the best massage I've had in quite a while. Afterwards, my husband and I were show this cozy relaxing room and offered a refined selection of teas.

I used to be a concierge at high end hotels located in Santa Barbara and Beverly Hills, CA. I know a thing or two about high end service and refined spas. I assure you that the Stepping Stone Inn and Spa is far from something to be sniffed at.

It's with a little reluctance that we had to see this wonderful relaxing weekend end. We will surely come back in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stepping Stone Spa? Share your experiences!