“They addressed my disappointment, quickly and satisfactorily” 5 of 5 stars

Echo Lake Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   2 Dublin Road, Route 100, Ludlow, VT 05149   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“They addressed my disappointment, quickly and satisfactorily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

An update to my review of 1/13/13: After reading my negative review, the owner of Echo Lake Inn called me immediately to apologize and to discuss my experience. We had a good conversation, and I was very happy with his sincere, non-defensive attitude, and also that he took the time to reach out to me personally. I believe my review was only one of a few negative ones about the inn, while there are dozens of positive ones, so he could have easily dismissed me as an isolated, grumpy visitor. He has resolved to address the situation and make amends in a way that I found very satisfactory. So five stars for service on this occasion!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rutland, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I got married at the Inn 10/6/12. Wedding planning was easy for me because the Inn took care of everything. They are all inclusive and extremely helpful. They were able to give me good tips throughout the planning process to make sure that everything went smoothly. It rained on our wedding day, but because of the well trained and efficient staff at the Inn it was not a problem, we were able to get married under the tent for the reception and it was still absolutely beautiful. The food was amazing, there was not one person at our wedding who did not absolutely love the food! The staff made sure our guests had everything that they needed and more. If you are looking to get married in Vermont, please do not look any further! You have found the best possible place. Ruxanna and Lawrence.........truly did make our dreams come true!!

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you are looking for.....they have rooms for every type of occasion!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was headed to visit a friend in Brattleboro and was dismayed to find no rooms anywhere...too many leaf lookers? I hit on the strategy to find small out of the way towns and lucked out. At first I was dismayed by the worn appearance of furniture and room but this place was so marvelous I realized that didn't matter. The room was comfy and clean. The staff were super helpful. Food was good. The setting peaceful and on a road yes, but we didn't see or hear too much traffic. We would like to come back in the summer to take advantage of pool and lake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vermont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I were recently married at the Echo Lake Inn. From the first encounter to the last I was so pleased. There was not a single issue. Every request was met quickly and far exceeded my expectations. The rooms are so adorable, the decor and and environment is cozy and welcoming. The staff is AMAZINGLY attentive. We did not want for a single thing..not once. We felt at home, pampered and important during our entire experience. Ruxana the wedding planner is prompt, organized and a wealth of resources. Laurance is so detail oriented and dedicated to making the entire wedding perfect, he himself is with you and your guests guiding the entire staff and day along. He makes the wedding flawless and he makes it look easy. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about this Inn and the staff. I will be back repeatedly for years to come without a doubt!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
South Egremont, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We recently took a last minute mini vacation. We were looking for a quaint small hotel.
We stumbled on a gem of a place. More important the owner and the entire staff were wonderful. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. They suggested nearby places to eat. Even though it was a holiday weekend they charged normal prices. We will be back.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for rooms facing the backyard
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jericho, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Now I may be spoiled because I live in Vermont, but this Inn left a lot to be desired. The location - right next to a major road, no back yard. I saw people relaxing on the front porch, sitting in Adirondack chairs, just like what you'd imagine ... except they were looking out across a road onto a parking lot. On arrival you are handed a printout of rules. My room was warm which is to be expected in VT in the summer, but it's an issue when there is both no AC (would not expect that) and no way to open a window at night because the window won't stay open. So you are left with a ceiling fan moving the stagnant air around. TV didn't work - again, no real issue if you're not expecting TV in your room, but if it's there, and there's instructions on how to operate it, and you find it unplugged and partially dismantled and set to work getting it functional, and it still doesn't work, and you tell the front desk and go for a walk instead, and you get told it will be addressed. and you get back and obviously no-one has bothered, then it turns you against the place just a tad. On a positive note there was uncomplicated wireless internet access, and the breakfast was fine, with good service and good food. Overall hardly worth the rather steep price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Carlinville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our stay at Echo Lake Inn couldn't have been better. The innkeepers and staff were so friendly and pleasant. Our dinner was a gourmet delight from beginning to end. My blueberry soup was outstanding! Breakfast was superb. Rooms were clean, cozy and quaint. The inn is located in a quiet, tranquil setting. There wasn't a thing we didn't like. We cannot wait to come again and stay longer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Echo Lake Inn? Share your experiences!