“Beautiful Views & Great Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Timber Inn Motel
112 Rte. 103 S., Ludlow, VT 05149   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ludlow
Massapequa Park, New York
“Beautiful Views & Great Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

New updated rooms due to flood damage from Irene has made me fall even more in love with the Timber Inn. New beds, bathroom and t.v.s, what could you not love ?! Perfect location with great views. Really nice updated amenities while still maintaing the country and cozy feel. Such a wonderful place to snuggle up to a loved one.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms for view of Okemo !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
timberinn, Owner at Timber Inn Motel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Donna and I are pleased to hear about your stay in one of our renovated ground-floor rooms and glad you also enjoyed the beautiful view. Our vantage point about 1.5 miles from the Okemo base area offers similar mountain views, whether you stay upstairs or down. Upstairs we have maintained the classic natural wood finish and cathedral ceilings; on the ground floor you'll find crisp, new digs and the convenience of parking and unloading luggage right outside your door.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I picked the Timber Inn for it's price, and proximity to Okemo Mountain, and was really amazed by how nice the room was (I was in room #3). The room has two brand new super comfortable beds with really nice bedding and pillows. There is a wall mounted flat screen TV and a microwave and mini-fridge. The bathroom was beautiful! The tiles, toilet, sink, and tub were all brand new. There is a small table by the window with two chairs if you want to eat in your room. There is a restaurant across the street, and there is also a pharmacy, supermarket, and many other stores and restaurants within a mile or two. The room was super clean and the owner was friendly and helpful. Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely stay at the Timber Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

nothing much more to say then:

Totally overpriced
Hit by Irene badly in 2011
The owner was a bit rude
The area is nice though and very close in the countryside - however I'd rather drive a little each day to get to OKEMO as I'd be better of in a Holiday Inn or Ramada and save cash too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
timberinn, Manager at Timber Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm surprised you found our rooms "not worth the money" for an April stay -- that''s when our rates are at their lowest. We make no bones about the damage from Tropical Storm Irene in Aug. 2011, which flooded all of our downstairs rooms. I point out the "high water mark" to all interested. Fortunately, Timber Inn had copious flood insurance and we have since fully-renovated five out of 9 damaged units. Our ground-floor units are Ludlow's newest, including carpets, tiled bathrooms with fancy fixtures, 32" flat screen TVs, pillow-top beds and more. Not to be outdone, all eight upstairs rooms also received new pillow-top bedding. Check out new photos and availability on our website.
Might you be better off staying at a chain motel? Perhaps, but only if you don't mind the extra hour of driving each day. Okemo's free shuttle stops here every 40 mins. and we're only 1.5 miles from the base area. And sorry if I came across rude; 2011/12 has been very stressful.
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

WOW!!! I read about the flood in 2011 & even saw some photos so I was very hesitant about booking a room until I saw the sign outside stating "New Rooms." I also felt connected to the Timber Inn after staying there so many times in the past several years & receiving great service, I thought I should give it another try. So glad that I did! It's obvious that this family owned business has put much thought, time, money, effort & TLC into their motel esp the new room(s).
I was offered room #2 which consisted of a brand new & up to date King size bed/headboard, dresser, table/chairs, flat screen TV, rug, small refrigerator & microwave. The bathroom sink area now consists of a granite top with all new copper like fixtures, tiling on the floor, new windows/trim & paint. More to come as well (pictures on the wall). My only complaint - the pillows were too fluffy for my liking!
Timber Inn was not over the top in price therefore allowing my husband & I to ski at Okemo Mtn, (eat breakfast in our room, bring along our lunches), dine out for dinner & do a few other fun things in the area.
As with any devastation - time, patience & understanding are key! I wish this family run business a great 4 season's!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you don't like fluffy/high pillows. Upper floor are the "older&q...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad you had a nice stay. Come again soon, ya hear?
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my sons to ski. After I checked in and saw the room, I went to check out and ask for my money back. The place is very worn down and needs a major renovation the owner got arrogant and would not refund me. For similar rates there are places in much better condition in the area

• Stayed February 2012
timberinn, Manager at Timber Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We apologize for not exceeding your expectation. Five fully-renovated downstairs rooms reopened for Columbus Day 2012. Everything is new, except the unchanged natural wood ceiiling. Open the fiberglass door and step inside where you will find a big, clear picture-window facing Okemo. Forget your slippers? No problem, your toes will enjoy the new carpet. Your ears will appreciate the new walls and soundproofing between rooms. Have a restful sleep upon the pillow-top mattress or just snuggle under the comforter. Catch the ski forecast on the 32" TV. Emerge refreshed from the re-tiled bathroom with separate vanity sink.
Not to be missed, our eight upstairs classic rooms received new pillow-top mattresses, pillows and bed spreads in November.
Please be aware that our cancellation policy requires at least 7-days notice for a refund. Let us know ASAP if something isn't right. We will do everything we can to fiix it. If not, we'll give you a credit.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

this was our 2nd year staying here for a ski w/e at okemo. love it! glenn is really hospitable and friendly. this is the perfect place to stay for a ski w/e. great hot tub!! very close to the mountain! i'd highly recommend. will def be back next year....it's becoming our tradition!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Family run Timber Inn was just the right place for our VT vacation. We were near family and had our own space. Everyone at Timber was friendly and caring. We were very pleased and say Timber Inn gave excellent customer service with lots of smiles.

Room Tip: Rustic knotty pine decor, beautiful view of mountains,convenient to area stores
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Timber Inn Motel? Share your experiences!