“I found the oil and vinegar” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner
E Providence RI
“I found the oil and vinegar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly man, who I had read might have been the owner. The inside decor was nice. I was torn on the size of my appetite so I had the salad bar. I found it very nice with spinach greens, iceburg lettuce, mixed greens and arugula. I had two trips to the bar and the bread was delish. (that or maybe because I don't usually eat bread, it tasted exceptionally good) Plenty of toppings (raisins, noodles, croutons, etc). My husband had the steak, Rib eye, I think. He said he enjoyed it very much. He had a beer with his meal and I had a martini which was $10. I little more than I would have liked to spend but it was the only drink I had. We didn't order dessert. Our watiress was nice and attentive. We arrived about 6 and people started filling in around 6:30. We have no complaints about the restaurant or our meal. We would return if we are in the area again. We visited on Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013 Our meal with tip was $60

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Skip it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The older crowd enjoyed it...

The salad bar is iceberg lettuce, mayonaissed things, and heavy dressings - no oil and vinegar. I never understnad the thrill of a salad bar anyway.

The food was nothing worthy of returning for. The funniest thing that clearly showed how behind the times this place was - the lamb chops came with jarred mint jelly. chops - not gamey grocery store leg from the 1960s that needed the flavor camoflage...

And it was NOT cheap by any stretch.

The rib special was gone and it was minutes after 6... we were eating with a small child. Not much of a special then.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Paltz, New York
“YES YES YES”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Got Julie as our waitress, If you get her she's worth an extra $5 on the tip. Salad Bar was great. Food was great. Hospitality was great. and service was iconic.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Belmont, VT
“Love the food, service/staff was terrible....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok, this is a great place to eat; we usually dine in the bar area and have a nice time. The food is delicious and well priced. On our two most recent visits, it was obvious that the owner/manager was absent. He consistently extends great hospitality and obviously directs staff to do the same. On one visit the bartender was openly complaining to waitresses in front of all customers at the bar that he couldn't handle the tables coming in the bar area for dinner. We've been in busier places without this drama. On our last visit another bartender obviously had her friend at the bar, the TV news was on, and when we responded to her friend's question regarding a news item, she disagreed and became surly. Along with lifting her shirt to show her latest tattoos to her friend, she was no asset to this wonderful establishment with great food. We have always commended this owner on his professional staff and quality menu; unfortunately, these two individuals take away from the Prime Bar experience and reduce it to that of a biker bar.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cavendish, Vermont
“Portions Ain't Big Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was on my way over to a corporate business trip at Okemo, from my house in Cavendish, VT, and needed another meal. I stopped at Sam's Steak House and got the filet Mignon. The portions weren't big enough for me. I like to walk away from a meal sick, and I could have eaten a horse after my meal. They also seemed confused when I ordered my filet Mignon burnt. They even questioned me, asking me if I meant "well done." Very rude. I should have been treated with a lot of respect. After all,I am the Earl of Cavendish, and I am a recipient of the Man of the Year and Millennium Man of the Year awards.

Pat Gray
The "Earl of Cavendish, VT"

• 2 of 5 stars Food