“Good concept falls a bit short” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Ludlow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A hip, modern & clean environment. We serve high quality food for an affordable price. Serving to our local & non local clientele. Our menu has gluten free and vegetarian options as well as comfort foods. Enjoy our wine list, local beers, daily drink specials and our "Burgers".
Naples, Florida
“Good concept falls a bit short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is a new place, and seems to be trying to find a niche. They are working hard, but the food falls a bit short, and feels a bit overpriced. There is a selection of burgers,but your basic burger or cheeseburger is missing from the menu. One might suggest adding a bit of your basic comfort food, well prepared to what is an innovative menu. Friendly service is evident, and there are price deals on certain nights of the week.

Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“Great burgers, and prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place is known for its burgers and now I know why. A hardcore carnivore I know my burgers. These are definitely quality, but they know they are a burger place, and stick to burger prices.

Visited May 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went here for dinner while vacationing in VT. I saw the good reviews and liked the menu so we stopped here. I got the mac & cheese with bacon. I was not that impressed it did not have much flavor and the bacon which I paid extra for was hardly there.

My husband had the clam chowder which he said was the best he ever had. He also had ribs which were not impressive. It came with fries but they had the ribs on top of the fries and everything was covered in BBQ sause. I imagine this was to try to make the skimpy ribs look good. It caused the fries to be all soggy and gross. My husband ALWAYS clears a plate and that night he did not which was a sign. I was shocked and he was disapointed.

I think the resteraunt was average and compared to the places we went to in the area was good. But I am disapointed that it was not as good as the reviews I read. One plus was the service was really good. Our waitress was extreamly attentive and very nice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“New and shiny, good menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The owner, Mark truly wanted to be sure we were happy. The menu is very interesting and different. Beer was cold, food was hot. Truffle oil cooking for fries somewhat unique. Smell takes some getting used to, strong and pungent. Flavor of parmesan cheese a plus. Lots of burgers, about 6-7 entrees. We enjoyed our visit, will gladly visit again. Want to try all of their house specialities. Our server, Danielle was efficient and friendly, couldn't thank us enough for visiting. Fairly small main room, and noisy. Some sound absorbing measures would be helpful.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rutland, Vermont
“Another good visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We revisited Mr. Darcy's with another couple early last Friday evening. As always, we were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our waitress, Natalie, was fantastic.

It was very enjoyable, as usual. The other man and I wanted to try their huge burgers with the special fries we'd heard about, and the ladies each had salmon. The meals were excellent. Our burgers were a bit on the large side (half pound burgers are big!), but done just as asked for. Wines and drinks were excellent, too. (I had a Manhattan on the rocks, and it was very, very good.)

About the only thing we noticed a wee bit lacking were the touted "truffle fries". They were excellent fries, but my wife tasted mine, too, and we all agreed that we could not taste truffle oil or Parmesan cheese -- just good, crisp fries. Not a problem, mind you, but sort of disappointing after all we had read about them.

We didn't have dessert. We were too full!

To show how thoughtful they were, by the way, my wife had had some of her salmon boxed, but had forgotten it at the table. Marc came running out to our car with it! Nice.

Highly recommended, but they do not take reservations.

• Visited May 2013