“Cozy and Romantic!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Inn   |   104 Miller Brook Road, Killington, VT 05751   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Killington B&B and Inns
“Cozy and Romantic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2005

My fiance and I spent a weekend getaway in Killington last winter. We had such a wonderful time in Vermont that we decided to get married up here in the summer time! The Snowed Inn was so lovely that we have invited our friends and family to stay here while in town for our wedding.
What a wonderful place to get away from the city. Our room was very clean and cozy, romantic with a fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The Inn was a highlight of our trip; wonderful breakfasts, outdoor hottub, close to all the Killington action, and the owners were very helpful, even when we got lost on the way up. We would recommend the Inn to anyone looking to make their stay in Killington cozy and romantic!

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2005

I visited Killington last year with friends to go skiing. As we were all based in the UK we chose to book our accomodation online. We were extremely impressed with the Snowed Inn website and hence chose to stay here druing our holiday. When we arrived at the Inn we were overwhelmingly impressed by the property. The inside was beautifully decorated and had a really homely feel to it. After such a long time travelling we found that our time at the Inn was very relaxing and the Inn was one of the highlights of our journey. The Inn had so many great things: the rooms were large and very comfortable; the complementary breakfast was the perfect way to start each day and made a welcome change from the unhealthy food that we had experienced during our trip: and the outdoor hot-tub was a huge hit with it being beautifully surrounded by forest it really made you feel like you were a wolrd away. I would thoroughly reccomend the Snowed Inn to everyone who is looking for a really relaxing and friendly place to stay whilst on holiday in Killington!

• Stayed February 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2005

My husband and I decided to get away for a few days and found the Snowed Inn on line. We liked the look of the buildng, the pictures of the rooms and the descriptions of services. I'm very happy to say that we were not disappointed. We stayed in a lovely room looking out to the back yard, where we viewed a beautiful gazebo, covered with pristine snow and twinkling lights. The room itself was done in pale shades of green, gorgeous linens that I wanted to bring home with me and soft lighting. In the morning we had a scrumptious breakfast of oatmeal, banana bread and great hot coffee. Just what we needed to jump start our day on the slopes. Also, we enjoyed a soak in the hot tub on the deck apres skiing. Our hosts couldn't have been more gracious and accommodating. Their friendliness and knowledge of the area was a great help in planning our days. We'll be back there for sure!

• Stayed February 2005
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

Upon first seeing the place from the outside I thought we were in for a pleasant treat, however I was soon to find just the opposite. Check-in process was painless and we were quickly given the key to our room (or closet). Very plain room with no extra touches to make it stand out from a normal hotel room. Very skimpy on the necessities and only received small packets of shampoo & soap. They advertise internet access so we tried to connect with our laptops which would not work so we spent our first part of our get-away weekend explaining to the inn keeper what they needed to do to get things working and convince them that it wasn't our equipment.
Nighttime soon rolled around and from the sounds of it, so did the people above us. Apparently when the inn keeper decided to turn their house into a hotel they didn't bother thinking of insulation or sound dampening materials between floors as we could hear everything. It literally sounded as if they were bowling for hours on end. This topped with the feeling that you were in a sauna and it made for a very sleepless night. We woke up with cotton mouth and had to open the window just so we could breathe.
Morning rolled around and we were looking forward to a nice refreshing shower & breakfast to which we were disappointed on both accounts. The water had the unique ability to turn from below freezing to completely scalding in the matter of a split second and trying to be comfortable was impossible. After we survived the shower episode we headed to the common room where we were sadly disappointed with the assortment of food to choose from. I've stayed in other places advertised as Bed & Breakfast and what this place had to offer for breakfast in my book does not classify it as such. Small boxes of Rice Krispies with some bread & english muffins was about the extent of it. And you had to take your dishes into the kitchen for them to clean up.
Second night...basically a repeat of the first...cotton mouth, noise, water temperature changes (oh and the internet is now working after I was informed that they did what we had first tried to get them to do the night before). At breakfast the next day another guest was complaining about the noise from above so I joined in their complaint. The wife of the inn keeper said we should have called their bed side phone and let them know, then the husband piped in saying "Don't you dare, I need to get my sleep". My reply to this was "if we don't get to sleep, you shouldn't either" to which he replied "if I don't sleep, you don't get any breakfast!"
The rest of the stay was pretty much same ol' same ol'. Overall just a very disappointing experience. The person I was staying with had never stayed in a Bed & Breakfast before so I was hoping they would have a nice first experience. Now I'm wishing we would have saved our money and stayed at a hotel as I think the service, food, & surroundings would have been much nicer.
Should you decide to stay here, I hope your experience turns out better than ours.

• Stayed March 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2005

We booked a ski package to stay here 3 nights. What a mistake. This place is very deceiving from their website. The room we got was about the size of a closet. We were on the 2nd floor and every night about 11PM the people above us came in. It was so noisy! Sounded like they were bowling up there and they were just walking around and opening dresser drawers. It was terrible how the floor boards squeaked everywhere you walked. Also all you are given is a little ketchup pack sized packet of shampoo. Make sure you bring your own. The SMALL shower in the SMALL bathroom either scalds you or freezes you. Just when you think you've got the water all set it goes one way or the other. It was so hot in our room we had to open our window at night so we could breath. Also very dry. We would wake up and have to drink a gallon of water during the night. Guess they have not heard of humidifiers. There were no heat controls in the rooms. It was centrally managed. Hot tub water is green. I think I've said enuff. Stay away from this place. The housekeeper is also very rude and unfriendly.

• Stayed March 2005
N.y.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

I booked a 9 day Romantic holiday on line, or so I thought. When we arrived at the snowed Inn, we were asked for our credit card thinking they would take an imprint of our credit card. We were given the key to the closet they call a room and quickly agreed we would go back to the desk and politely ask if we could see another room. Not only were they incredibly rude but they also charged the entire stay upon checking in and at first refused to refund us any money. We then asked to see another room and decided to take what was the best they had to offer. we were forced to stay two nights to at least recover our deposit. If you plan to stay there you had better take everthing you need. They dont even have a blow dryer. If your trip is in the winter as ours was your hair will freeze by the time you get to your car. I say that because there are three available parking spots most convenient to the section we were staying in, everytime we came back to the Inn the hotel employees were parked in at least one of those spots while we had to load and unload our things from a lot much further away. Here is the "kicker" I had asked the inkeeper to arrange a surprise massage on Valentines night, after they saw how unhappy we were the woman who made the reservation for the surprise massage decided to spoil the surprise, I couldn't believe it! I wasn't sure if it was stupidity or just plain mean. We left after two nights losing some of our deposit but the thought of staying there any longer was unthinkable. Never have I been treated like that. Here's the good news, we Finished up our stay at The Summit Lodge. What a great place! what a great vibe exactly the opposite of the Snowed Inn. Nice people who treat you like you are a guest, something the Snowed Inn should at least try to fake.

Been to Snowed Inn? Share your experiences!