I stayed at the Hillside Inn for two nights due to its low room rate and its proximity to Plymouth and Montpelier. The area is very nice, and in the summer it was very quiet. I arrived at the hotel to discover that there was no manager on site. The housekeeper was left in charge, and while he was pleasant, he could not run a credit card. I left with no receipt; thankfully my card was charged for the amount I was expecting. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a kitchenette and significant closet space. The internet, which required a patch cable to connect, was very fast. The bed was comfortable although a bit on the hard side. There was no fitted sheet on the mattress, a minor annoyance. One light bulb in the room was burned out, but there were at least five more lights so that was not a major problem. The window A/C was fine, although I would have preferred the cool mountain air. In any event, the window curtain was too narrow for the window and so long that it covered the A/C when closed. By the second night, I had it pinned up so that I could block the (significant) exterior light and leave the A/C running through the night. The TV set had lines running horizontally across the screen. In fact, when I arrived I asked to switch rooms, thinking that it was a problem with the particular set. As the second room had the same issue, it must have been a satellite reception problem. The shower had good height and water pressure, although it was a small shower stall (with no bathtub). The toilet was in a separate room, and a hole in the baseboard of that room was plugged with tissue. I saw the continental breakfast at checkout. There was coffee from which the grounds had not been filtered and bagels that may have been fresh during ski season. I passed. All in all, I would consider staying here again at the rate I was charged. It was well worth the cost, with all of the issues being relatively minor.
- Also Known As:
- Hillside Inn At Killington Hotel Killington
- Hillside Inn At Killington Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Killington
- Killington Red Roof Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Magnuson Hotels affiliate is located near Killington Ski Area, Killington Golf Course, Kent Pond, Coolidge State Park, Vermont State Fairgrounds, Spartan Arena, Dartmouth College, Bromley Mountain Ski Resort and the Norman Rockwell Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hillside Inn at Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.