“Mixed Bag” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hillside Inn at Killington

You added Hillside Inn at Killington to your Saves list
Hillside Inn at Killington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   375 Killington Road, Killington, VT 05751 (Formerly Alpine Inn)   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Rochester, New York
“Mixed Bag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hillside Inn for two nights due to its low room rate and its proximity to Plymouth and Montpelier. The area is very nice, and in the summer it was very quiet. I arrived at the hotel to discover that there was no manager on site. The housekeeper was left in charge, and while he was pleasant, he could not run a credit card. I left with no receipt; thankfully my card was charged for the amount I was expecting. The room was spacious and comfortable, with a kitchenette and significant closet space. The internet, which required a patch cable to connect, was very fast. The bed was comfortable although a bit on the hard side. There was no fitted sheet on the mattress, a minor annoyance. One light bulb in the room was burned out, but there were at least five more lights so that was not a major problem. The window A/C was fine, although I would have preferred the cool mountain air. In any event, the window curtain was too narrow for the window and so long that it covered the A/C when closed. By the second night, I had it pinned up so that I could block the (significant) exterior light and leave the A/C running through the night. The TV set had lines running horizontally across the screen. In fact, when I arrived I asked to switch rooms, thinking that it was a problem with the particular set. As the second room had the same issue, it must have been a satellite reception problem. The shower had good height and water pressure, although it was a small shower stall (with no bathtub). The toilet was in a separate room, and a hole in the baseboard of that room was plugged with tissue. I saw the continental breakfast at checkout. There was coffee from which the grounds had not been filtered and bagels that may have been fresh during ski season. I passed. All in all, I would consider staying here again at the rate I was charged. It was well worth the cost, with all of the issues being relatively minor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Gardner, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very cheap and large room. Modern and clean. We were very active all weekend so truly just left the room each morning and returned well into the evening. So we were at the Inn just to sleep. However, the continental breakfast, thougH free, left a lot to be desired which was disappointing.

Room Tip: Facing the parking lot was noisy especially when a few motorcycles arrived. Face the mountain for q...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on our motorcycle trip. Very cheap $65 per night, and it was very comfortable, and had a free continental breakfast. Just toast and coffee, this was all I needed. There are no frills here for the price, just a place to sleep for the night. We had to drive about a mile up the mountain to get some eats and beers. All in all very good for the price.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at Hillside Inn for a 5K race we were participating in the next morning. I chose this hotel for the price as it is very inexpensive. The rooms were spacious with kitchenettes and very clean. I was actually really surprised. The room itself is worth more money!
Here were the PROBLEMS: Parking was difficult. They have a small lot and not nearly enough spaces. People had to basically park on top of each other. Very inconvenient.
The front desk woman just seemed angry. I never saw her smile. No please and thank you or enjoy your stay or anything like that. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth when this is the type of person you see when you check-in and then when you check back out. I hope she isn't the owner. And if she is, someone needs to teach her some customer service skills.
Other than those two issues we were pleased with the price, location, and the room.

• Stayed July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited Killington for a buddies golf trip and we were looking for a cheap place to stay. Hillside Inn worked out well for us. It is just a basic motel. The rooms aren't anything special but all we needed was a bed and we were happy. They provide a continental breakfast for free (bagels, cereal, toast, juice, coffee). It was very quiet there and we didn't have any problems. I would recommend for really cheap rooms and a basic motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Was planning to stay for a week. After day two we had to leave. The place really not nice. It was not clean to begin with and housekeeping never serviced our room. When they had not shown up the second day by 11 we decided to find another place. We didn't even have anything else booked we just knew we were not staying there. We went to the front desk and checked out. We had pre-paid through Orbitz, they charged us for an entire extra day even though we were out by 11:30. So in addition to running a pretty lousy motel these people are crooks. But if I had to pay to be let out of that prison it was worth it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Leeper
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were late coming in and exhausted. We were traveling with our dog and needed a pet friendly hotel. This was available. Very basic motel. Location and grounds are nice. Rooms need some updating...bedspread are horrible and need burned. Housekeeping could use some major improvement. Locks on doors are quirky. There were were shredded pieces of pine cones in the cupboard. I don't know if they had a pack rat or had a guest leave it but housekeeping should have seen it and cleaned it. Beds and linens were clean. It looked like maybe the place had been closed for a while and reopened. ??maybe new owners?? Maybe undergoing some needed renovation? The place was not the worst I stayed in but also not the best. With new bedspread and improved housekeeping it has the potential to be a pretty decent place to stay

Room Tip: Check cleanliness of room prior to checking in
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Happy Bear Motel
Happy Bear Motel
#11 of 13 in Killington
3.0 of 5 stars 38 reviews

Been to Hillside Inn at Killington? Share your experiences!