“Great Steaks” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Great Steaks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Have been going to Sante Fe Steakhouse for several seasons, the steaks are great as is the salad bar. Service is good and friendly, the atmosphere is warm and inviting. They have live music on the weekends and the bar is jammed, good place to hear a local band.

Visited February 2012

Syracuse, New York
“world class salad bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our meal was only second to the service we received there. Our waitress Robin was the best and I will ask for her by name for returning visits this season.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“ok, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was staying in the hotel so it was very convenient. I was hungry because I had been skiing all day. you can eat in the restaurant, but you can also eat in the bar. Servers were friendly, but the food was only ok, the salad bar was tired.

Visited January 2012
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

The saled bar was very empty with limited choices and only two steaks on the menu.

Visited December 2011
New York City
“Nice staff, but mediocre service & very uneven food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We were surprised that we had such a reaction to a resort restaurant on a Friday night. Our servers, while nice, seemed very 'off' - either that or brand new. Our waitress came back to check our ENTIRE order as she couldn't read her own handwriting. We had to ask repeatedly for water and bread. The open & large salad bar was nice and well-varied, but it was unattended and got very messy after a large group came by- we only noticed because we were seated next to it. I didn't find anything I liked on the wine list (quite rare for me, I felt this list was sub-par) so I went with a local beer, which seems to be their specialty and was a good choice. Most peculiar is that while all four of our party ordered steak, afterwards all four of us felt the steaks were not that good. The two porterhouses were very mealy, fatty cuts that seemed inconsistently cooked and not thick, even at 22 ounces - I found about four ounces that were delicious and the rest was ignored. The 10-oz filet (which I didn't taste) was described as 'un filet-like, almost like it was carved off-grain at the end of a roast' and again, thin and unevenly cooked, and the ribeye was sent back to my shock, as overcooked on one side and undercooked inside. The garlic mashed potatoes were very well enjoyed by all, but we refused dessert and coffee and went elsewhere to cap off the evening. For the price, we were all shocked at the quality of both the service and food, and that we felt it didn't come anywhere close to some of the rave reviews.

• Visited January 2012