“Great steaks and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Surrey
“Great steaks and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have visited the Wobbly a number of times over the years. The new'ish room layout gives more room. I have always had good steaks, bone in rib eye being my favourite. I'm not a salad person but they do have a huge salad bar. More important they have a good range of beers and friendly bar staff. In my opinion the best steaks on the mountain. Then go upstairs and listen to some music.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

new york
“New owners, steak and food fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The steak and services is now fantastic. The new owners are doing a great job, very good services, clean, amazing food. I highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
jessejean
“Decent food, but poor service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We came here for dinner our first night in Killington. We sat at the bar and order drinks while waiting for our table. While sitting at the bar, the bartender sprayed me with beer. It got my face, hair and jacket wet, but I wasn't upset about it until the bartender didn't apologize or offer me any napkins to wipe up beer now running down my face. All he said was the keg kicked, which is a reasonable explanation, but not a 'sorry about that.' Another patron at the bar even commented.
I think the salad bar is a little over rated, but I did enjoy it. The clam chowder was good, but I thought the chili was some of the worse I've ever tasted. We ordered the ribs and veal for our entrees. I thought the ribs were good for where we were, but they aren't fall off the bone ribs. The veal was better than I was expecting it to be, but slightly too much sauce for my liking.

Visited January 2013
Hamilton, Canada
“One of the best steaks I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We visited the Wobbly Barn at the beginning of January. Both my wife and I can honestly say that it was one of the best steaks we've had in a long time. The salad bar was good (which you have to add to your meal), but I wouldn't rate it as high as some of the others on this site. The service was great, and our server was very friendly - almost to a fault. The only thing I would complain about was that the restaurant was a bit cold. Given that the temperature outside was falling as low a -20, you would think they could turn the heat up a bit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massapequa Park, New York
“Never disappoints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Pleasant dining experience for our family. Food was very good, salad bar is great! Service was also very good. Will be back again, when visiting during the Ski season!

Visited December 2012