“Flying Ant In My Filet, Dirty and Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
connecticut
“Flying Ant In My Filet, Dirty and Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

First our 15 min. wait turned into an hour wait. We found a flying ant in our filet mignon. Our waiter/manager assured us that they are common in the restaurant. Our steaks were cooked well when we ordered medium-rare temps. The waiter/manager informed us that it was our fault that we did not say something. He asked us how everything was when all of the food was delivered to our table and then we had to get his attention in order to inform him about the bug. He wasn't attentive what so ever. He also informed us that we could not order burgers because it would affect the temps. of the steaks on the grille. Why were there burgers on the menu is this was such an issue?

tph01532
“Avoid at all costs!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

The service and atmosphere are really nice; casual, friendly, fun. Unfortunately, the food is just plain awful and well overpriced. We ordered the peel and eat shrimp appetizer. One would normally expect it have sliced the shell a little bit when deveining the shrimp. Nope! The caesar salad had no anchovies and the romaine looked a bit old and was not properly chilled. The filet mignon came well overcooked. Medium well instead of medium rare. They substitued a prime rib which was medium rare, but it was fatty and gristly and just bloody awful. The onion sauce was thrown on and just a bad dinner. I paid for the prime rib, not the filet and should have voiced my displeasure more emphaticallyy.

The hostess and server were very nice, but cross this one off the list

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“There are better options on the mountain”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

We went for apres ski at Casey's and while it was packed, and definitely "scene" the food and drinks were disappointing. The wings, which used to be free but now cost 25 cents are overly spicy with no flavor. The Calamari was so salty we could not even eat it. And the ($9) nachos were basically a plate of Tostitos with a few ounces of cheese on the top 5 chips. The only redeeming factor was the special rum drink which was tasty but seemed like it was more juice than anything else. We had the same drink at the Outback and it was stronger and tastier. Don't go if you are hungry!

Annapolis, MD
“Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

My husband and I came here in '90 and '91 and loved it, so, on our recent trip we were excited to return, what a dissapointment! It seems as though it has turned into the proverbial "Tourist Trap" banking on it's "old" good name. The food was okay, but the service, or lack there of, was so bad, we will never come back. We were seated in the section overlooking the parking lot at a table near the window. The pitch was almost that of a blue square trail, and it felt like we were going to slid out into the lot. That, in addition to the uncomfortable stools with backs, posing as chairs, caused us to request to move to one of the open booths in the same section, there were two. The waitress, asked the hostess, who said "No", the booths needed to be left open "in case" a large party came in. It's Tuesday, after eight, give me a break. While one of the booths was taken, the other remained vacant. The staff that we had contact with, while not out-right rude, acted as though it was a real bother to have to actually wait on a table, like they were doing us a favor by taking our order and bringing the meal. I live in a "tourist" town and I know that certain restaurants catering to tourists as oppose to locals, have the "get them in, get them out" mentality. Unfortunately for Casey's Caboose, this seems to be what has happened to them.

Wyckoff, New Jersey
“The worst meal I think I ever had!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

Oct. 2007 - Last minute we went up to Killington to see the fall foliage. Unfortanately didn't do a little more research and we wound up dining at this joint. As soon as I walked in a bad smell hit me - Should have left then but my husband wanted to give it a try. Got the menu and nothing looked too exciting and not much looked appealing on the plates around me. Figured how can I go wrong with a nice crock of onion soup and some Asian potstickers. Got the soup and again the aroma hit me all wrong. Wrong cheese; plus they put parsley and grated cheese on top. More bread than soup and again this distinct "wrong" smell. Stirring through the soup I discoved a big bay leaf. You don't put bay leaf in onion soup! Then the potstickers came and they weren't "Asian potstickers" they were jalapeno poppers!!! Ughhh! My husband ordered some Italian saucy looking thing and he admitted it was pretty bad. Last but not least - at the bar they had a popcorn machine and as they popped that thick butter smell just mixed in all wrong with the dining experience - if that's what you would call that. So disappointed because we passed other retaurants that were very crowded and now I've read the reviews. Should have gone with my first instincts - too late now; but I'm prepared for our next trip to Killington. This dump should closed down!