“Incredible Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chalet Killington

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killington
Chalet Killington
You added Chalet Killington to your Saves list
2685 Killington Rd, P.O. Box 144, Killington, VT 05751   |
Houston, Texas
“Incredible Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for the Spartan Beast. The hotel is less than a mile from the start line and has a heater hot tub and sauna. But the location isn't the best part; it's the staff and the service. I left my credit card at the restaurant across the street during dinner. I realized this at check-out the following morning, but unfortunately the restaurant was closed. The owner said he'd take care of it and we went to breakfast down the street. 30 minutes later the owner showed up at the place where we were having breakfast with my credit card that he picked up from the restaurant. Now that's incredible hospitality like I've never seen before. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Beacon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Chalet was a great place. We went for the Spartan Beast and it was ridiculously close, had a nice hot hot tub, a heated pool, and a comfortable room. The owner was the best. No place serves breakfast early, but he was up and had breakfast for the guests who had to be to the race by 7:30. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were in a pickle. The room I thought I had confirmed from another place disappeared and I was 5 days away from the hardest race of my life. I called/emailed the Chalet knowing they were showing booked but hoping they maybe would have a cancellation. I got a call back with them working really hard to find us a place to stay!!! They worked hard FOR ME to get me a place to stay and it was hugely appreciated.

We wound up in one of their house rental properties and it was PERFECTION! They even left us a bottle of wine and a "Happy Anniversary" note as well as a nice welcome note on the door.

We brought our dogs with us who were perfectly happy in the "Big House".

That morning we woke up, went to the front desk of the Chalet to meet one of the owners. He was super nice, remember my name, my husband's name, and my dog's names!!! He congratulated me on finishing and welcomed me back for next year! Super happy with our stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in a house separate from the Chalet. If you have a bunch of people coming, maybe ask about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This has become our Killington Resort Home. I and my fellow professional snowsports instuctors love this place and the people that run it. In short, they are our adopted ski family. For the last 3 years we have stayed with David and his staff at his classic lodge. We travel from our resort in PA (Liberty Mtn. Resort) near Washington, DC to attend the PSIA Pro Jam in Decmeber. As soon as we pull up they makes us feel right at home. In short, I can find enough or the perfect words to discribe our stay, but one word comes to mind.....home. The facilities are not the super upscale style lodging, but we do not want it to be. It has that feel that lets you know you are here to relax, enjoy the mountain, and the wonderful people. Before you know it, you are a local complete with a wonderful Vermont breakfast. They alway go above and beyond our expectations each and everytime. Even if we are traveling solo, with our families, a couple, or as a large group.....this is our main HQ for Killington. If you want to feel what made skiing in Vermont a wonderful event then you got to stay here. It is old school vermont, and that what makes it wonderful. Oh and the resturant serves wonderful food and drinks and provides a great apres ski location to mingle with locals and other snowsports lovers.

I would give it five stars but improvement is needed...lol. The pool could be a few degrees hotter....lol. Other than that perfect...so stay here and you will be in the family too.

Take care David and see you next ski season as always.

Russell Fleming
PSIA Ski Instructor
Liberty Mtn. Resort (PA)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
jessejean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We got a good deal on our nightly rates, and based upon that, I think its a great place to stay. The breakfast is really good- basically, you can order whatever you want and it will be made freshly in the kitchen- and the location is great, very close to the mountain. The walls are very thin an we had a problem our first morning with people next to us snoozing with the alarm going off from 5am to 8am. We talked with the front desk and it didn't happen again. The hot tub is small but great after a day of skiing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We loved our New Year's trip to Chalet Killington!

This place is just what a ski spot should be. It looks like a chalet. Nothing fancy, and the rooms are basic. The skiers' homemade breakfasts are incredible. The staff is friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the hot tub, pool, and ping pong. The location can't be beat. The new chef makes very good TexMex. It's friendly, warm, and just right.

Suggestions - they could use a new thermostat for the hot tub and pool as the temperature varied a lot. They need to resolve the hot water for showers as we never had a decent hot shower.

Be advised there are lonely dogs who bark until their owners return, so loving dogs is helpful.

We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed between Christmas and NYE. What a great time. The Chalet, while a bit old, was very clean and comfortable. The people were here were extremely nice, courteous and attentive. The perfect place to retreat to after a long day of skiing. Was able to enjoy a fe drinks by the fireplace with our dog in tow. The included breakfasts were delicious. The Baja Burrito was outstanding, We will definitely be back,

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room above the restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chalet Killington? Share your experiences!