“A fantastic location for a quaint Vermont inn” 3 of 5 stars

The Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   47 Old Mill Road, Killington, VT 05751   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Doha, Qatar
“A fantastic location for a quaint Vermont inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

The place is a smaller more homely type of lodging, right on the doorstep of Ramshead and Snowshed lodges, which are a ten minute walk away or grab the free shuttle. We opted for a delux mountain view on the third floor, which was a good sized room with a huge king bed, gas fire, balcony and bathroom. The room was clean, if not a touch dated, but everything worked and was in great condition. The bathroom looked like it had been recently refurbished and it too was very clean. Even at -18C the room was lovely and warm. The big down side is the noise. You could hear every noise next door and the floors creak so if you are on the 2nd floor, bring ear plugs if you want a quiet night. Breakfast of muffins, toast, pastries and waffles was included and ski lockers are available. No lift, so be aware of that. Staff were friendly and helpful and free WIFI was a bonus too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pompey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Never been to Killington before and so we chose lodging somewhat blindly. For those who don't need fancy but want clean and comfortable, the Mountain Inn is for you. First, you can't get any closer to the mountain, so this place is really convenient. Breakfast, which is included with stay, is served in an upstairs lounge with an incredible view of the mountain. We arrived to a nearly empty parking lot and, when I asked about a bigger room, we were upgraded to a deluxe room for no extra charge. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful. The rooms are small and somewhat dated, but had flat screen TV and refrig and bathroom was immaculate (a must for me). Have a locked room for ski storage. Only downside: the restaurant on the property (a steakhouse) was not open, nor was the outdoor heated pool and this was not noted on the Killington website where I booked the trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Mountain Inn during my trip to killington during the Columbus Weekend. I similarly loved the wonderful view from our balcony room with nice romantic fireplace to keep us warm as we are not use to cold nights YET! We had to wait quite some time to get a table for dinner at the in-house restaurant although the great food made up for it. My other recommendation for travelers within the area is to dine at Choices which we choose to eat on our last night in killington. Anyways, the fall color which we wanted to see was wonderful and the weather stayed sunny to keep our trip pleasant. The town also had a hay structure festival where local business would create a hay creature representing the vermont region. All in all, the Inn is a wonderful charming vermont Inn/Lodge which I would recommend!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

Had a great time here with my friends.owners were very friendly and suggested great tips about ski. The Inn is walking distance to mount killington ski, they even provided us with free shuttle to the ski mountains. great breakfast and definitely try hot tub during winter. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting mt. killington.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Middleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

me and my husband went for a mini vacation where we want to enjoy and relax ,first time we went to mountain inn but we had a great expiriance there, the rooms are comfortable with a great view which i like the most part about it, we could acutually seeing people skiing from our room, rooms were very claen , the motel staff gave us a nice service every day, we stayed there for 4 days.we did skiing ,we went to see the locations were great ,everything was perfect we are already planning to go for this december..for more fun...

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

From the moment we pulled up to the hotel we received 5 star service. We were traveling with our 5 month old daughter and I was just entering the hotel the manager immediately came running to help me. The staff was so helpful through out my stay knowing I am traveling with an infant. Now about the room we stayed, everything in the room was in immaculate condition from the bed to the bathroom (newly remolded) to the tiny balcony and finally the view from our balcony was just perfect. I can’t wait to visit Killington and specially Mountain Inn this December without our daughter so I can actually go skiing.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Littleton, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I am a traveler looking for good accommodation with friendly service and that is exactly what I found at this place. The hotel was nice, close location from the slopes, good amenities & services and welcoming staff. I was traveling with my kids for a family skiing vacation during their holiday and we had a great time skiing in Killington. The mountain had lots of beginner trails for my kids and intermediate for myself and with hard day of skiing we had a great time at the outdoor heated pool in hotel. Good breakfast to start the morning with and nice food and entertainment at the in-house restaurant. I'm surprised how the other reviews of the hotel were totally off to the hotel that I had gone to. Although, in my opinion, this was the perfect place that we could have picked during our visit to Killington.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!