“Skiers choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cedarbrook

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killington
Cedarbrook
You added Cedarbrook to your Saves list
8463 Route 4, Killington, VT   |
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Skiers choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We discovered Cedarbrook 4 years ago. We stay 3 or 4 times a season. We've been coming to the area in winter for 30 years. This is not a new property. It is convenient to Killington, and the pool after skiing is very therapeutic! We have found all of the staff to be friendly, helpful, courteous, and friendly. Tracey will be out before first light tending to snow and ice removal duties on the walkways and making sure the birds don't go hungry! There are a variety of accomodations available depending on your needs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Floral Park, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ending up staying here when I had a leftover RCI week. The two rooms are converted motel rooms. Basic room amenities but it was good as a base of operations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the heated pool. My favorite thing was opening the living room window and listening to the stream right outside rush by as I had my coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We made a quick stopover in Killington last week and were pleasantly surprised at this great little place on Rt 4. We've been to Killlington numerous times but always right next to the resort - I wasn't even aware this place existed. The hotel, grounds, pool, gym were all extremely well maintained and clean, and the staff were exceptionally friendly. The kids loved the heated pool & the little fitness center/coffee bar was perfect. We enjoyed the mini golf as well. The room was spacious & nicely arranged. We will definitely consider staying here for our winter trips & avoid the congestion of the other side of the mountain. A great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hebron CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Our son raced in the Memorial Day Stage Race and this hotel was right on the course. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The outdoor heated pool and mini golf course kept our younger kids entertained. We loved the tranquil sounds of the brook behind the hotel. The rooms, although dated (this is Killington folks, not Orlando) were clean and well kept. The kitchenette saved us money - we bought groceries at the nearby market and made our own breakfast and lunch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is another of my Killington/Okemo favorites. I found the staff to be friendly, but you do need to follow the rules. The pool is excellent, but no bottles or glass should be around it. This ticks the staff off and I understand why. I forgot and had some beer around the pool and the manager got on my case. In short, he was 110% right for doing it, so I made sure to have plastic or paper cups for my beverages. Other than that I find the staff very accomodating but stern due to some guest be a little to lively sometimes. I stay here a few times through out the ski season and highly recommend it. The wall can be a little thin but that is not a major issue. The place is clean. And if you want nice sounds just open your window or patio door some and the stream will put you to sleep. I also love the changing room at the pool and the fireplace in the pool lounge. Only thing that needs to be changed is the pool hours, they should keep it open til 10 pm on week nights and 11 or so on weekends. Other than that it is a good place to stay for a long weekend or even a week long ski trip. It is in a perfect locatio to strike out to Okemo, Killington, Sugar Bush, Stratton and other resort for a day of skiing with less than an hour drive. The unit I stayed in had no kitchen, but it had a nice size frig, microwave, so if you plan on cooking a lot be sure to ask about kitchens.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Cedarbrook through the RCI program. We found the facility to be a bit dated and the walls were thin. When I had booked the room through RCI I thought that the partial kitchen included a hotplate to cook meals on. Unfortunately I didn't check out the website before hand and we ended up eating out every evening, which is expensive in Killington.

RCI members NB: there is an additional cleaning service fee of $35 that is not included and will be charged to your credit card at the end of the trip.

The walls are thin at the resort. We were woken up at 2am two nights in a row from other drunken guests stopping around the hotel.

We did greatly appreciate the heated pool and was the main reason why we stayed at this hotel.

The guy at the front desk was quite helpful. My husband had left his swim trunks wrapped in a towel and was accidentally picked up by the cleaning lady. We asked the front desk if it perhaps had shown up in the laundry and he thought at first that the laundry had been sent out but checked with the cleaning lady and it had not been sent out. Within an hour he was knocking on our door with my husbands trunks. :)

The resort is 2 miles from the Skyeship base and about 15 min drive from Snowshed. Please note that during the week Skyeship opens at 9:30 while the other lifts are open at 8:30. We ended up driving most days to Snowshed because of lessons and demo rentals. There is a free shuttle that will drive you between the bases. Don't be concerned about getting stuck at a base at the end of the day.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a kitchen, the one bedroom only has a microwave, toaster, coffee maker, mini...