“Poor service, big food, not too tasty” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 42 Restaurants in Killington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Poor service, big food, not too tasty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stopped in here after missing breakfast with a group, this place was first stop down the mountain from Killington Grand. Took forever, food bland and boring.. Price not too bad, cool interior seems like it's seen better days based on the interior. Really cool inside

Visited August 2014

“Worst experience we ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

No one greeted us at the door the wait was about a half hour which was no big deal. We order our breakfast and fresh squeezed oj. 20 mins to get oj and an hour for our breakfast. When we finally got our breakfast which was scramble eggs with cheddar cheese on a croissant. My home fries were cold and i took a bite of my eggs and they were really loose as i took my second bite it dawned on me that my eggs were raw cause they went thru my fork, i cut into the eggs in the middle to make sure it wasnt the cheese and raw egg came running out. We called the waitress over and she said it was the cheese, i told her it was raw and she cut into it and argued with me. What happened to customer is always right? I told her i didnt want it and she had an attitude. My boyfriends breakfast wasnt great either. They took off my meal and the bill was 25.00! WOW! The waitress came over and offered me a comment card but i refused. The girls that were next to us waited about 15-20 mins for water and they had to ask for it. Then when they got their meals an hour later they were missing gravey and when they asked the girl and she got very confrontational and said they were very busy. They were not busy and the entire hour i witnessed complete lack of originization. I realize everyone has a bad day but it was more than one person who was rude and unprofessional

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were looking for a spot for lunch on the Killington bus route/access road, and honestly Wally's was the only place in the general area that was open. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but we were warmly welcomed and seated immediately. They offer a full breakfast menu (Texas French toast, waffles with strawberries and all types of eggs and sides) and a variety of apps (fries,onion rings, pouting among others) lunch options (soup, salads, sandwiches, wraps, kids menu.) I had vege wrap - great portion, tasty wrap. My daughter had an open faced turkey sandwich with stuffing and gravy and fries- super generous portion and delish! They offer a limited bar menu, and some draught beers too. Prices were reasonable, portions generous and people very friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good Hearty Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stopped in for a "brunch" type meal because it was around 11:00 AM and we did not have breakfast yet. We were not up here to ski, just to check out the area.

I am on a low carb diet and they were very accomodating to my requests for substituitions on the menu. I had the fritatta with mushrooms, spinach, onions and tomatoes. The only thing was there was a lot of maozzarella melted on top (boy if I could eat it I would have inhaled it), but I just moved it aside. The fritatta was delicious. The fruit cup that came with it was fresh cut fruit and not some canned stuff. If you dont want all that cheese, just ask and I am sure that they will modify it for you.

My husband had his usual of two eggs over easy with bacon and it was cooked to order perfect for him. The wheat bread was thick and if this is what they make their french toast with, I bet it is delicisous.

The waitress was very nice and personable. We will definitely return next time we are in the area now that skiing season is upon us.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow
“Great for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a really good breakfast at 8.00 and loved the character of this authentic American diner.
Staff were good and food was great.
We will be back.