“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Among all the restaurants I've tried during the 7 days we stayed here in Killington, this is my favourite. Make sure you try the Jax Gyro, its exceptional! Staffs there are extremely friendly and fun. Big thank you to Leslie there who served us 4 nights straight and handled our rather "messed up" orders flawlessly.

Visited June 2012

Hawthorne, New Jersey
“Watch your credit card transactions!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Went here a few nights ago and they over charged my card 3 times! Never going to Jax's again had to call to dispute the charges and get a new card so they won't continue to hit my credit card.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at JAX Food & Games, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Interesting comments that you have chosen to write. We would gladly discuss your experience in our establishment., and correct any problems. Often times, credit card companies "reserve" more money then as they are "anticipating" a tip to be added to the card. Further more, our system does not permit multiple transactions on a card. But, we would be glad to discuss the issue with you. Please call our business office at 802.422.9561.
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food, but overcharged us, then denied it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Went there today to do laundry while staying in Killington, and had lunch and drinks while we were waiting. Requested check and paid with Cash Passport Visa Debit Card, which debits instantly. Check was for $36.83, paid the tip in cash.
I happened to check the Cash Passport balance before we left and noticed a debit of $44.20, which is exactly the amount of the check + 20%. The server has obviously paid himself a 20% tip in addition to the $7 we handed him. When we questioned him, he assured us he only put through the $36.83 my husband signed for, and produced the original signed receipt.
I believe he swiped the card twice, and just deleted the one for the lesser amount, possibly assuming we would not check or even notice.
There is no email address on the site, in order to contact the Manager or Owner, as I assume that if I ring, the server will answer the phone. It's not a whole lot of money, but it's dishonest and it soured our visit to this lovely place. My advice: Check all transactions!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
picklebarrel, Owner at JAX Food & Games, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
We would gladly handle any matter you may have had with our establishment. Specially if you felt you were overcharged! Please feel free to call us, at our business office so you we can review your entire sale. Once it is cleared up, I am sure you will be re-writting this review!! 802-422-9561
Nashua, New Hampshire
“overpriced beers and horrible food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

i personally got food poisoning for my first and only time at jax. decent selection of vt beers on tap, but overpriced. outdoor seating which is nice, but the staff is rather slow and doesn't pay much attention to the status of your meal. which can be both good and bad, depending on your needs. its not a horrible place, but if you are in killington, there are better bars to go to.

Visited March 2012
Newark, New Jersey
“This place has it all, Great Food, Great Drinks, Family Friendly and Most of all GREAT SERVICE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was there on February 24 and 25., 2012 My friend and I took our boys up to the Beast for their first time and JAX made it all that much better. The kids were occupied for hours and it was a very friendly atmosphere. We spent more money on games then we did on food and drink. Now, if you want some excellent homeade soups, then this is the place to go. The chef, a young looking ski/surfer dude can cook!!! I'm telling you now get the french onion soup and the french dip sandwich you will not be disappointed. In my opinion, the bartenders and service staff are second to none. JAX, thanks again for a great time, we will definitely be back. A lot!!!

• Visited February 2012