“Loved the location Condo was not up to par” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Adventure Center Deal
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Toronto, Canada
“Loved the location Condo was not up to par”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed for a week in a Condo rental
We loved the location
Great grounds
Stunning views
Great pool and amenities

Did not like
The Condo, was not in good shape, we complained and was told it is well used......
The staff was not the most helpful

Overall would stay again but would make sure the condo is not so well used etc

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Duane H, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear toroboy, thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your stay. I appreciate the comments on your unit and the staff, as it gives us the opportunity to work on any deficiencies that we may have. I do apologize that you felt that the unit “was not in good shape” and that the staff was less then helpful in helping you get the right room. All of our units at the Killington Grand Hotel have been recently refurbished, so if you are willing to discuss further, I would appreciate any other detailed observations that you had. Thank you in advance for your time and I am glad to see that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay.
Duane Hall (dhall@killington.com)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Rhode Island, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at the Grand for 1 night for a business trip the middle of September. Foliage was just starting to take place and the view of the mountains from my room was beautful. Room was clean and spacious with fluffy white robes and nice toiletries. The women at check in and check out were warm and accomodating and I loved the granola packages they handed out at checkout. We held a meeting at the hotel and the staff was very attentive to our needs.
The day we arrived we had salads at the restaurant attached to the Killington Golf Course, the servive and food was very good. I'd love to go back during ski season!

Room Tip: Ask for a moutain view room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear susanw814, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed all of the amenities that we have at the Grand and had the opportunity to see the start of our fall fireworks. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff, as they work hard in creating that memorable guest service experience.
Duane Hall
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here with a friend. Location is scenic, peaceful and serene. We stayed at the 3rd floor with a beautiful view. Excellent location for nature lovers, hikers and outdoors fans. Customer service was great through and through. Highly recommended for stays in fall, spring and summer. Be prepared for very freezing winters. The location is wide spread so the first time comer can get confused to find the right parking lot. Otherwise, all in all, a great experience and amenities ( heated pool, steam room and suana).

• Stayed October 2013
Dear ZahraJ, thank you for sharing your experience from your most recent stay with us. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the grandeur of Killington and were able to take part in some of our popular outdoor activities that you spoke of. You are correct that the winters are cold, but I can assure you that they are just as fun, so I hope you can take the opportunity visit this winter and try some of our cooler activities as well.
Duane Hall
Weston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've been traveling to the Killington area for 20+ years to join some friends for golf and general celebrations- this is the second time I've stayed at the Grand. It started when I arrived on the wrong weekend and without blinking an eye, and even though my room was pre-paid and non-refundable, the staff re-booked me for the following weekend. The front desk staff, especially Roberta and Yannick, were very gracious and understanding.

After arriving on the right weekend I settled in. The staff is friendly and the resort was busy with a large wedding on Saturday. After a delightful visit to the spa (good fitness center, steam, sauna, pool and multiple whirlpools) I realized that my room was ground zero for all the wedding guests- so I placed a quick call and asked to be relocated. Yannick, once again, quickly accommodated my request and even upgraded me so I would have a quiet room and get a good nights sleep before my drive home the next day.

The entire staff, including the valets, Kathy in the gift shop, Chris, Alex, Joe- all pleasant, ready to help and welcoming. The spa staff is great and my massage with Kimberly after three days of golf was exactly the right thing.

I can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at the Grand for 5 nights for the Spartan Beast race. We came in on Thursday evening, not too much happening in town at that point. The friendly woman at check in advised us that leaving anytime after Friday afternoon, we would have a hard time keeping our parking space in the lot reserved for hotel guests as the hotel was totally sold out for Spartan weekend. Taking her advice, we went to the Price Chopper in Rutland and stocked up our fridge to feed us until Sunday when we could leave and not worry about parking. That was the start of the great customer service. Every employee I can in contact with was very friendly, including maintenance staff and even an employee of Ovations restaurant as I walked by in the morning headed to the pool.

We stayed in a 1 Bedroom suite that was more than enough space for our group of 3 guys. The murphy bed was comfortable, along with the pull out couch. There is a separate bedroom off the hall. The rooms have been recently renovated with new appliances, granite countertops, redone bathroom, very well done. As we paid an average of $180 a night, we were satisfied the overall room quality. Spend the money for the upgrade from a studio, the extra room is worth it!

When I return to Killington, it will be The Grand!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator to avoid a long walk to your room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We also just stayed for the spartan weekend.... We were actually upgraded from another hotel of theirs when they realized they overbooked ,to The grand Hotel which was very nice of them. I would say that their service was impeccable. All of the staff was very attentive to our needs. The room was very clean with a balcony, and we could walk right out to the race from the hotel which was wonderful.
My only complaints were that our hotel room did not have a refrigerator or a microwave and there was only one restaurant on site and a small canteen to get food. my husband would have liked to heat up oatmeal before the race and keep soda cold for after the race and that was more difficult to do. Most smaller hotel chains provide the minimum of refrigerator and sometimes a microwave.
Overall though we had a good experience at the hotel.

Stayed September 2013
Methuen, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights when my husband did the a Spartan Beast. The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was spotless and everything looked relatively new. The kitchenette included a fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, stove, oven, and dishwasher. There were muddy people in and out of the hotel all weekend, but the staff kept up with them and kept the floors clean. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and able to communicate with us, which makes things easier when you have a request.
I rated the location as average because I wasn't there to ski. I was with my toddler while my husband was running the race, so it was convenient to walk right onto the course, but there wasn't anything easy to get to nearby to keep my son busy. It would've been perfect if there was an indoor pool. It was raining and chilly so we did not use the outdoor pool.
Some reviewers complained about the Murphy beds and lack of space. The website clearly states that studio rooms have one queen sofa bed and one Murphy bed, so I knew what to expect and it was not an issue.
We got a small discount related to the Spartan Beast, so for the most part, the hotel was just right for what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killington
The Mountain Inn
Woodstock Inn and Resort
Woodstock Inn and Resort
#1 of 6 in Woodstock
4.5 of 5 stars 709 reviews

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!