“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights when my husband did the a Spartan Beast. The entire hotel was very clean. Our room was spotless and everything looked relatively new. The kitchenette included a fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, stove, oven, and dishwasher. There were muddy people in and out of the hotel all weekend, but the staff kept up with them and kept the floors clean. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and able to communicate with us, which makes things easier when you have a request.
I rated the location as average because I wasn't there to ski. I was with my toddler while my husband was running the race, so it was convenient to walk right onto the course, but there wasn't anything easy to get to nearby to keep my son busy. It would've been perfect if there was an indoor pool. It was raining and chilly so we did not use the outdoor pool.
Some reviewers complained about the Murphy beds and lack of space. The website clearly states that studio rooms have one queen sofa bed and one Murphy bed, so I knew what to expect and it was not an issue.
We got a small discount related to the Spartan Beast, so for the most part, the hotel was just right for what we needed.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our stay was short ( 2 nights) but it was relaxing. The room was very comfortable....a bit small but we weren't there to stay in the room. The outdoor pool was a big plus....it is heated and felt so good even though the temps in the evening were cool. The only negative to or stay was when none of our card keys worked the day after checking in and our room seemed to be the farthest one away from the lobby. There was no phone on the floor so we had to go down to the lobby. Someone was supposed to come up and check the lock but no one did....so down to the lobby we trudged again. We looked like a bunch of homeless people in the hallway. I still don't know what the issue was but we did get back into our room. Using our cell phone to call the 800 number did no good....it sent us to a central reservation. After the 15k (we had already checked out), we used the showers in the spa area before we left for home. Wish that we could have had a slightly later check out time but the front desk was adamant about the checkout time....no leeway....not even an hour.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I ran away for a 3 day ski adventure in January 2013 and stayed at the Killington Grand Resort Hotel. The ski resort was absolutely amazing and kept us busy all day. The hotel had an outdoor heated pool and hot tub that overlooked the mountain, which made us EXTREMELY happy after a long day of stressing the muscles on the slopes.
The room we stayed in was VERY small and not very memorable. We don't need much because we did not plan on spending much time in the room, but I think we expected a little more because of the name of the hotel itself. The bed was very uncomfortable and did not make us feel cozy after being sore.
The ski out / ski in feature was exactly what we were hoping for and everything was close by. Overall, the hotel was very nice and the trip was fun...but living up to the word "grand" may take a little more work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed during Labor Day weekend and following week. We had a one bedroom suite consisting of a joined hotel room and a studio with full kitchen. The hotel rm has two queen beds and the studio has a full kitchen with dining area plus living space - not huge but more than adequate for two. The studio side has a queen Murphy bed. Two more adults would be tight but two kids maybe OK. Good furniture - comfortable. Outdoor pool - heated, good size, open year round. Ski lift right next to hotel. Friendly staff. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Essex, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed 1 night (for a conference) in a murphy bed room and would never do that again. I enjoy a firm mattress but this was like sleeping on plywood, simply the worst night sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

While the health club, pool, sauna, bathroom amenities were what would be expected, if not better, from a mountain resort; what took me by surprise was the in room coffee. Having New England Coffee in the room would be like having a brick for a pillow. This is simply the worst coffee around and to have it in this level of a resort, in a state well known for great coffee this was very disappointing.

Overall if I were to go back for pleasure I would likely stay in a nearby condo and not the Killington Grand.

Room Tip: Don't get a murphy bed room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Andrew B, I appreciate your honest feedback about your stay during your conference. Feedback like yours does give us the opportunity to review some of the products and amenities that we offer and see what may be better received by our guests. I can also understand the importance of getting a good night sleep and can ensure you that we have a good variety of bedding options including studios with platform beds, suites and rooms with box spring type beds. So when you come back again please do not hesitate to contact me at dhall@killington.com and I will be glad to talk about all of the options available here.
Troy, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wonderful hotel.

Great views of the mountains. The kitchenette was great. Had everythign you could want or need.

Stayed here overnight Saturday for a road race on Sunday. The hotel allowed me to come back after check in and use the pool/hot tub area. What a nice treat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nikki A, Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again at your next road race.
Amityville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were at this Hotel for a friend,s daughter's wedding. The wedding ceremony was on top of Killington Mountain....its was very scenic..The reception followed in the Grand Hotel....staff very accomadating and attentive. Great crabcakes, chichen satay and spring rolls for the cocktail hour. Bride and groom picked a barbeque buffet....buttermilk fried chicken tender and warm , ribs were fall of the bone.. Next morning we were invited to a buffet brunch.. all entrees were warm,well prepared and plentiful. The blueberry pancakes were my favorite. Staff also very attentive. A good time was had by all at this scenic venue. Did get to see the bridal suite which was a one bedroom suite with plenty of room with a lagre deck overlooking the Snowshed ski area. appeared clean and nicely appointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Karen K, Thank you for sharing the experiences that you had during your friend’s wedding at the Grand. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the food presentations that were offered as well as witness the picturesque views from the vista. I hope you will be able to come back and visit us again, so you can experience for yourself all of the amenities that we have to offer.

Duane Hall

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!