“Great place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Killington
Salem, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were in a 1 bedroom, and it had a fully equipped kitchen. There was a pull down murphy bed in the living room, and a pull out sofa so the unit slept 6. Beds were comfortable, and the living room, kitchen combo was huge. There was a full dining room table with 6 chairs. Off the bedroom was a cute balcony with an obstructed view of the mountains. The balcony had 2 plastic chairs, but no table, so it was inconvenient trying drink a coffee out there, as we couldn't set them down. The free internet connection was useless, it kept dropping the signal every other minute, and finally we decided it wasn't worth while. The outdoor pool is fantastic, and there are 2 Jacuzzi's. You have to enter through the health club, which is a bit confusing. There is a steam room and a lot of well maintained exercise equipment. There was also a pool table and some video games. We would definitely stay again, but would ask for an unobstructed mountain view. We were in room 105.

Room Tip: Ask for a full mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear idlewood4, Thank you for taking a moment to talk about your visit to the Killington Grand Hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel and appreciate the observations concerning the deck furniture internet and pool. Taking your comments in advisement, we are looking at an alternative connectivity for the internet, because we also noticed that the signals out on the decks can be weaker. In regards to the pool entrance we have made some changes so it is less confusing and more direct. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and hope we will see you again soon.
Best Regards

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with my college roommate and her husband for a long weekend to play golf in the VT Green Mountains. Stay and play package included a round of golf at hotel's course. Beautiful, scenic course although quite soggy from all the recent rain. Hotel was clean and comfortable at a great price. Our room faced Killington Mountain and had a balcony. So peaceful to have morning coffee outside on balcony looking at the beautiful view. Hotel has a restaurant and bar and a nice sundries store to grab a Starbucks coffee and breakfast items to take out. Hotel is within short driving distance to local restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony facing mountain on third floor away from elevators and ice machine. Ice...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eileen R, Thank you for taking the time to talk about your stay at the Killington Grand. I am pleased to see that you took advantage of one of our vacation packages and appreciate the recommendation. I hope you will get the opportunity to come visit us again.
Best Regards
New Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was our first time to Killington, and we were headed up from CT for a wedding. When we booked the room originally through the wedding block, the front desk said the only room left for 2 people (and not a suite/multi-bedroom) had a bed that pulls down from the wall. I took the room, but was a bit disappointed, because my husband has a bad back, and a good night's sleep is crucial to us both. Upon check-in, we asked about the availability of a room with a regular bed, and the front desk associate (can't remember her name but her name tag said she was from Danby, VT) upgraded us to a regular bed (with a mountain room to boot!) for no charge.

Front desk help was friendly and the lobby was clean and modern-ish for a ski resort that's been around for a while. We were the only ones in the lobby at check-in, and the hotel was very quiet overall.

The room was nice, (room #324) with two sinks, granite counters in the bathroom, and a very clean bathroom.

We had a small balcony off of the room which allowed for a view of the pool and the mountains. The breeze was beautiful and the bed comfortable. We slept great.

Room Tip: We stayed in 324. It was on the top floor, and had a balcony with a view of the mountain and the poo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Mounta7, Thank you for taking a moment to talk about your experience at the Grand Hotel. I am pleased to see that you had a good visit and appreciate that you recognized our friendly staff. I do hope that you are able to come up again and have more time to try the services that we have available here at the hotel and on the mountain.
Yonkers, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Here on a business trip…I don’t ski. Pretty cute place, I had a Murphy bed!! I felt like I was in the Roger Rabbit movie. Very nice gift shop and overall comforting feel. I’d go back….if I liked the cold. If you’re coming from NY take the drive up and pass Lake George. It’s a beautiful ride.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear epoh84, Thank you for staying at the Killington Grand Resort Hotel during your business trip, I hope while you were here you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer and hopefully we will see you again this winter. Just remember the cold is not all bad, especially with the fireplaces and the fire pit around.
Best regards
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed there for 4 days from 3/31 to 4/3. We had a one bed room suite(total three beds), the room is clean, big and quite, so you will expect to have a good rest. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the nearest slope, but I would rather drive there instead of walking. The full breakfast is included which is nice. The suite has a kitchen area which has all the necessary stuff, Microwave, refrigerate for serving the meal for 6. Since we really do not need the room cleaning each day except the towels, next time we may try the two bedroom condors just next to the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Weijietang, thank you for taking a moment to talk about your stay in April. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities in the rooms. Don’t forget when you come up again to take a look at our website for special packages and to view all of your options, because we do have many styles of condos as well as two bedroom units at the hotel.
New Ipswich, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Check in was good, very nice staff. Room was blood also. Just a standard two queen room (no frills) but clean and modern. Beds are pretty comfortable, squishy pillows and not standard size, seems common pillow issue at a lot of hotels these days. Bathroom is nice, clean and modern with a sink inside and one outside bathroom. Looking forward to next few days

• Stayed April 2013
Dear fieldbugs, thank you for taking a moment to recognize the staff that you encountered during your stay with us. I do hope the rest of your visit went well and you were able to enjoy some of the snow that we had available or were able to tour some of the local attractions.
Thank you again for stay with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My review is a little late. We booked months ahead and were incredibly lucky to arrive on March 18th and experience >24" of snowfall on Killington mountain within 3 days. I let my car get buried and didn't even look at it for 4 days. Staying at the Hotel right on the mountain made it so simple, no wasted time during the best snowboard trip of my life. This was my 4 days: Wake up 7-8am, get free breakfast down stairs, pick up my snowboard at the free Hotel check-in, walk just 5 minutes to Ramshead base, snowboard all day (best ever), ride essentially right back to the Hotel door on the last run and check in equipment, eat right in the hotel, hit the free outdoor pool/hot tub, work out, ping-pong, drink, maybe throw a shower or two in there somewhere, sleep, repeat. This was pretty much exactly what I needed to make the most of the perfect boarding conditions. You gotta take advantage when you get lucky and you never know when your turn is coming. My only complaint was the sleeping situation for 2 guys in a suite with one bed and one sofa bed. The sofa bed was not comfortable, I switched to using the couch itself and went much better. Was nice having a kitchen since we picked up some food on the way there. My friend had a so-so experience at the spa, not quite worth the $ he said.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BooLennox, I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at Killington, as well as your stay at the Killington Grand. It seems like you took advantage of all that we offer and did exactly what we hope most guests do and that is just park their car and leave it up to us to handle the rest. I do apologize we did not meet your friends spa expectations. If he would like to discuss the experience in more detail with myself or our spa manager please do not hesitate to send me an email at dhall@killington.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we are glad that you had a great experience on the mountain; hopefully you can take advantage of it again next season.
Best regards
Duane Hall

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!