“Time warp, super cute” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Yonkers, New York
“Time warp, super cute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Here on a business trip…I don’t ski. Pretty cute place, I had a Murphy bed!! I felt like I was in the Roger Rabbit movie. Very nice gift shop and overall comforting feel. I’d go back….if I liked the cold. If you’re coming from NY take the drive up and pass Lake George. It’s a beautiful ride.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear epoh84, Thank you for staying at the Killington Grand Resort Hotel during your business trip, I hope while you were here you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we offer and hopefully we will see you again this winter. Just remember the cold is not all bad, especially with the fireplaces and the fire pit around.
Best regards
Duane Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed there for 4 days from 3/31 to 4/3. We had a one bed room suite(total three beds), the room is clean, big and quite, so you will expect to have a good rest. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the nearest slope, but I would rather drive there instead of walking. The full breakfast is included which is nice. The suite has a kitchen area which has all the necessary stuff, Microwave, refrigerate for serving the meal for 6. Since we really do not need the room cleaning each day except the towels, next time we may try the two bedroom condors just next to the hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Weijietang, thank you for taking a moment to talk about your stay in April. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities in the rooms. Don’t forget when you come up again to take a look at our website for special packages and to view all of your options, because we do have many styles of condos as well as two bedroom units at the hotel.
New Ipswich, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Check in was good, very nice staff. Room was blood also. Just a standard two queen room (no frills) but clean and modern. Beds are pretty comfortable, squishy pillows and not standard size, seems common pillow issue at a lot of hotels these days. Bathroom is nice, clean and modern with a sink inside and one outside bathroom. Looking forward to next few days

• Stayed April 2013
Dear fieldbugs, thank you for taking a moment to recognize the staff that you encountered during your stay with us. I do hope the rest of your visit went well and you were able to enjoy some of the snow that we had available or were able to tour some of the local attractions.
Thank you again for stay with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My review is a little late. We booked months ahead and were incredibly lucky to arrive on March 18th and experience >24" of snowfall on Killington mountain within 3 days. I let my car get buried and didn't even look at it for 4 days. Staying at the Hotel right on the mountain made it so simple, no wasted time during the best snowboard trip of my life. This was my 4 days: Wake up 7-8am, get free breakfast down stairs, pick up my snowboard at the free Hotel check-in, walk just 5 minutes to Ramshead base, snowboard all day (best ever), ride essentially right back to the Hotel door on the last run and check in equipment, eat right in the hotel, hit the free outdoor pool/hot tub, work out, ping-pong, drink, maybe throw a shower or two in there somewhere, sleep, repeat. This was pretty much exactly what I needed to make the most of the perfect boarding conditions. You gotta take advantage when you get lucky and you never know when your turn is coming. My only complaint was the sleeping situation for 2 guys in a suite with one bed and one sofa bed. The sofa bed was not comfortable, I switched to using the couch itself and went much better. Was nice having a kitchen since we picked up some food on the way there. My friend had a so-so experience at the spa, not quite worth the $ he said.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BooLennox, I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at Killington, as well as your stay at the Killington Grand. It seems like you took advantage of all that we offer and did exactly what we hope most guests do and that is just park their car and leave it up to us to handle the rest. I do apologize we did not meet your friends spa expectations. If he would like to discuss the experience in more detail with myself or our spa manager please do not hesitate to send me an email at dhall@killington.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we are glad that you had a great experience on the mountain; hopefully you can take advantage of it again next season.
Best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just got back from a 6 day stay here. We checked in, and given that the hotel was not full, we did not get a room with a nice view. Apparently you need to ask for one!! Both the beds need to be made up in the studio, one pulled from the wall, one made up from a sofa. This is part of RCI timeshare, so each studio has kitchenette. The outdoor pool is excellent, breakfast is good, and generally this is a nice place to stay.

Now the negative...I forgot to book the ski lesson for the kids, the receptionist offered to fix this for $630 for 5 mornings for 2 kids. This seemed excessive, so checked on line and could book this for nearly $100 less....I was told that "that's the way it is...." No need really for this.....

Breakfast is excellent!!!

Would we stay again? YES, all in all, if you can get a deal, then go for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear spencermit, I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed the features and the services at the Killington Grand. I appreciate the comments on your ski school booking experience and apologize that you did not receive the service that is expected. This type of honest feedback gives us the opportunity to see how we can perhaps modify some of our procedures, so we can provide additional resources to the staff so they can book online deals.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are a family of 4, and it is so worth getting a 2 bedroom suite. There are 2 full bathrooms, one in each room. The bedrooms are on a different level for the main living room and kitchen, so there is peace and quiet. Nice not having to make breakfast, super breakfast buffet. Cheerful staff. Love handing in our skis to staff as soon as we walk into the hotel for storage and have no worries. Nothing nicer then going into the heated pool and hot tub at the end of a ski day and you can see the hills you just skied down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is about a 5-minute walk to the chairlift, so great for skiing. Studio room is not very big when the murphy bed is out, but has modern decor with all amenities (fully equipped kitchen, iron, safe and free wi-fi). Free breakfast buffet was pretty good. Nice heated outdoor pool, great gym. Walls are pretty thin so you do hear people in the halls and room next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!