“A few days at the Killington Grand Hotel Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
228 East Mountain Road, Killington, VT 05751   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
New Ipswich, New Hampshire
“A few days at the Killington Grand Hotel Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Check in was good, very nice staff. Room was blood also. Just a standard two queen room (no frills) but clean and modern. Beds are pretty comfortable, squishy pillows and not standard size, seems common pillow issue at a lot of hotels these days. Bathroom is nice, clean and modern with a sink inside and one outside bathroom. Looking forward to next few days

• Stayed April 2013
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear fieldbugs, thank you for taking a moment to recognize the staff that you encountered during your stay with us. I do hope the rest of your visit went well and you were able to enjoy some of the snow that we had available or were able to tour some of the local attractions.
Thank you again for stay with us.
Duane Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My review is a little late. We booked months ahead and were incredibly lucky to arrive on March 18th and experience >24" of snowfall on Killington mountain within 3 days. I let my car get buried and didn't even look at it for 4 days. Staying at the Hotel right on the mountain made it so simple, no wasted time during the best snowboard trip of my life. This was my 4 days: Wake up 7-8am, get free breakfast down stairs, pick up my snowboard at the free Hotel check-in, walk just 5 minutes to Ramshead base, snowboard all day (best ever), ride essentially right back to the Hotel door on the last run and check in equipment, eat right in the hotel, hit the free outdoor pool/hot tub, work out, ping-pong, drink, maybe throw a shower or two in there somewhere, sleep, repeat. This was pretty much exactly what I needed to make the most of the perfect boarding conditions. You gotta take advantage when you get lucky and you never know when your turn is coming. My only complaint was the sleeping situation for 2 guys in a suite with one bed and one sofa bed. The sofa bed was not comfortable, I switched to using the couch itself and went much better. Was nice having a kitchen since we picked up some food on the way there. My friend had a so-so experience at the spa, not quite worth the $ he said.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BooLennox, I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at Killington, as well as your stay at the Killington Grand. It seems like you took advantage of all that we offer and did exactly what we hope most guests do and that is just park their car and leave it up to us to handle the rest. I do apologize we did not meet your friends spa expectations. If he would like to discuss the experience in more detail with myself or our spa manager please do not hesitate to send me an email at dhall@killington.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we are glad that you had a great experience on the mountain; hopefully you can take advantage of it again next season.
Best regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just got back from a 6 day stay here. We checked in, and given that the hotel was not full, we did not get a room with a nice view. Apparently you need to ask for one!! Both the beds need to be made up in the studio, one pulled from the wall, one made up from a sofa. This is part of RCI timeshare, so each studio has kitchenette. The outdoor pool is excellent, breakfast is good, and generally this is a nice place to stay.

Now the negative...I forgot to book the ski lesson for the kids, the receptionist offered to fix this for $630 for 5 mornings for 2 kids. This seemed excessive, so checked on line and could book this for nearly $100 less....I was told that "that's the way it is...." No need really for this.....

Breakfast is excellent!!!

Would we stay again? YES, all in all, if you can get a deal, then go for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear spencermit, I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed the features and the services at the Killington Grand. I appreciate the comments on your ski school booking experience and apologize that you did not receive the service that is expected. This type of honest feedback gives us the opportunity to see how we can perhaps modify some of our procedures, so we can provide additional resources to the staff so they can book online deals.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are a family of 4, and it is so worth getting a 2 bedroom suite. There are 2 full bathrooms, one in each room. The bedrooms are on a different level for the main living room and kitchen, so there is peace and quiet. Nice not having to make breakfast, super breakfast buffet. Cheerful staff. Love handing in our skis to staff as soon as we walk into the hotel for storage and have no worries. Nothing nicer then going into the heated pool and hot tub at the end of a ski day and you can see the hills you just skied down.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is about a 5-minute walk to the chairlift, so great for skiing. Studio room is not very big when the murphy bed is out, but has modern decor with all amenities (fully equipped kitchen, iron, safe and free wi-fi). Free breakfast buffet was pretty good. Nice heated outdoor pool, great gym. Walls are pretty thin so you do hear people in the halls and room next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow, reading some of the bad reviews here, I have to say that some people can complain about anything. Pole Nazis and swishing ski pants? Really, people?

I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. The Killington Grand is located adjacent to Snowshed, and you can walk with your skis from the hotel to the lift. There is a ski check at the door, and the young men there were quick and courteous. After the first day, they recognized us and were already fetching our skis when they saw us coming.

The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was included with our stay and well worth it. I had a massage at the spa on the second day, and skied the third day refreshed because of it. The desk staff was wonderful, and the bartender made our drinks the way we liked them after meeting us on the first night.

The room was incredible. We booked a 1 bedroom suite for 4, but received a suite for 6. It was huge!

Finally, I accidentally left my credit card in the pocket of my hotel robe. The laundry found it the day after we left, and the hotel called us at home and offered to mail it back to us.

This was our second visit to the Killington Grand, and I'm sure it won't be our last.

Hillsborough, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I decided to vacation at the Killington Grand Resort for spring break. We had an excellent experience. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the rooms have a wonderful view of the mountain. The hotel had great services from the excellent morning breakfast, health club, spa, ski storage, restaurant, fireplaces and large outdoor heated pool. During our vacation the conditions on the mountain were perfect. My family skied every day from the minute the lift opened until closing. I am not a skier so I would go to the health club and meet the boys for lunch and then go to spa in the afternoon. We would all meet again for soak in the hot tub and then enjoy a nice dinner. We also enjoyed tubing and snowmobiling on the mountain. Great family vacation. Nice people

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain on level 2 or 3
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!