“So close to being great.....” 4 of 5 stars

Killington Grand Resort Hotel
228 East Mountain Road, Killington, VT 05751   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“So close to being great.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just got back from a 6 day stay here. We checked in, and given that the hotel was not full, we did not get a room with a nice view. Apparently you need to ask for one!! Both the beds need to be made up in the studio, one pulled from the wall, one made up from a sofa. This is part of RCI timeshare, so each studio has kitchenette. The outdoor pool is excellent, breakfast is good, and generally this is a nice place to stay.

Now the negative...I forgot to book the ski lesson for the kids, the receptionist offered to fix this for $630 for 5 mornings for 2 kids. This seemed excessive, so checked on line and could book this for nearly $100 less....I was told that "that's the way it is...." No need really for this.....

Breakfast is excellent!!!

Would we stay again? YES, all in all, if you can get a deal, then go for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KGHdhall, Manager at Killington Grand Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear spencermit, I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed the features and the services at the Killington Grand. I appreciate the comments on your ski school booking experience and apologize that you did not receive the service that is expected. This type of honest feedback gives us the opportunity to see how we can perhaps modify some of our procedures, so we can provide additional resources to the staff so they can book online deals.
Thank you again for staying with us.
Duane Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are a family of 4, and it is so worth getting a 2 bedroom suite. There are 2 full bathrooms, one in each room. The bedrooms are on a different level for the main living room and kitchen, so there is peace and quiet. Nice not having to make breakfast, super breakfast buffet. Cheerful staff. Love handing in our skis to staff as soon as we walk into the hotel for storage and have no worries. Nothing nicer then going into the heated pool and hot tub at the end of a ski day and you can see the hills you just skied down.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is about a 5-minute walk to the chairlift, so great for skiing. Studio room is not very big when the murphy bed is out, but has modern decor with all amenities (fully equipped kitchen, iron, safe and free wi-fi). Free breakfast buffet was pretty good. Nice heated outdoor pool, great gym. Walls are pretty thin so you do hear people in the halls and room next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chester County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow, reading some of the bad reviews here, I have to say that some people can complain about anything. Pole Nazis and swishing ski pants? Really, people?

I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. The Killington Grand is located adjacent to Snowshed, and you can walk with your skis from the hotel to the lift. There is a ski check at the door, and the young men there were quick and courteous. After the first day, they recognized us and were already fetching our skis when they saw us coming.

The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was included with our stay and well worth it. I had a massage at the spa on the second day, and skied the third day refreshed because of it. The desk staff was wonderful, and the bartender made our drinks the way we liked them after meeting us on the first night.

The room was incredible. We booked a 1 bedroom suite for 4, but received a suite for 6. It was huge!

Finally, I accidentally left my credit card in the pocket of my hotel robe. The laundry found it the day after we left, and the hotel called us at home and offered to mail it back to us.

This was our second visit to the Killington Grand, and I'm sure it won't be our last.

Hillsborough, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I decided to vacation at the Killington Grand Resort for spring break. We had an excellent experience. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the rooms have a wonderful view of the mountain. The hotel had great services from the excellent morning breakfast, health club, spa, ski storage, restaurant, fireplaces and large outdoor heated pool. During our vacation the conditions on the mountain were perfect. My family skied every day from the minute the lift opened until closing. I am not a skier so I would go to the health club and meet the boys for lunch and then go to spa in the afternoon. We would all meet again for soak in the hot tub and then enjoy a nice dinner. We also enjoyed tubing and snowmobiling on the mountain. Great family vacation. Nice people

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain on level 2 or 3
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We took advantage of the extra day of stay promotion and was incredibly impressed with the quality of this hotel. Our family stayed at a studio room which comfortably fits four and has a full kitchenette. The only downside is the lack of privacy since everyone is sleeping together. The breakfast buffet was great and fully stocked (omelette station, fruit, cereals, etc. ). The swimming pool was great since you access from the inside of the hotel and enjoy being comfortably outdoors. The hotel is walking distance to the slopes which is a great convenience. Finally the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel good.

• Stayed March 2013
Fishkill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visit Killington annually and I typically start my vacation with a nice relaxing massage. We made a last minute appointment at the Killington Grand Spa for four with ease. We did not stay at the Killington grand hotel so we had to travel up the mountain which was only a few minutes however, we did not account for parking. The hotel parking lot was packed solid. I dropped off the ladies at the door and went to park. The receptionist was very kind and understanding; I was roughly 3-5 minutes late. The receptionist suggested I wait in their waiting/relaxation room and the masseuse will be in to get me. I waited for several minutes and I started wandering around trying to find someone to help me. I notified a staff member and within a few minutes the masseuse appeared. I enter the room and the massage begins. The masseuse mainly focused on stretching the neck and arms. Although, she had a very different technique it was relaxing. However, once we got started; it was over! The 50 minute massage was now only a half hour. Remember all the minutes wasted in the relaxing room and then I was in the room getting undress for an additional whatever. Well, that ate up into my massage time. I completely understand my parking dilemma did not start it off right but the minute I approached the reception desk; she should have sent me in the massage room immediately. Anyway, I was not happy at all. A half hour of stretching and my arms being pulled like puppet strings was not worth $125 (not including tip).

The relaxing begins. I entered the pool area from the inside locker area (spectacular design) and swam to the outside area. I was the only one in the pool. Light flurries dusted my face as I watched the skiers glide down the mountain. My back was toward the balconies of the hotel and I was facing the gorgeous white top mountains. The view was picturesque. I have been to a lot of places but that view at that very moment was incredible.

After my fantastic pool experience, I washed off and went for a cup of tea. I pulled out a few tea cups and every cup was dirty. I can only assume their cleaning appliance was not functioning properly. After the third cup, I lost my desire. I can’t believe this but I actually took a photo with my phone because I didn’t think my girlfriends would believe me.

Room Tip: Try and access the spa/gym without any services and experience the gorgeous pool or hot tub with a v...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!