“Conveniently located near the slopes” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   228 East Mountain Road, Killington, VT 05751   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Killington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Conveniently located near the slopes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is about a 5-minute walk to the chairlift, so great for skiing. Studio room is not very big when the murphy bed is out, but has modern decor with all amenities (fully equipped kitchen, iron, safe and free wi-fi). Free breakfast buffet was pretty good. Nice heated outdoor pool, great gym. Walls are pretty thin so you do hear people in the halls and room next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chester County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow, reading some of the bad reviews here, I have to say that some people can complain about anything. Pole Nazis and swishing ski pants? Really, people?

I would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. The Killington Grand is located adjacent to Snowshed, and you can walk with your skis from the hotel to the lift. There is a ski check at the door, and the young men there were quick and courteous. After the first day, they recognized us and were already fetching our skis when they saw us coming.

The staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet was included with our stay and well worth it. I had a massage at the spa on the second day, and skied the third day refreshed because of it. The desk staff was wonderful, and the bartender made our drinks the way we liked them after meeting us on the first night.

The room was incredible. We booked a 1 bedroom suite for 4, but received a suite for 6. It was huge!

Finally, I accidentally left my credit card in the pocket of my hotel robe. The laundry found it the day after we left, and the hotel called us at home and offered to mail it back to us.

This was our second visit to the Killington Grand, and I'm sure it won't be our last.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hillsborough, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My family and I decided to vacation at the Killington Grand Resort for spring break. We had an excellent experience. The staff is welcoming and accommodating, the rooms have a wonderful view of the mountain. The hotel had great services from the excellent morning breakfast, health club, spa, ski storage, restaurant, fireplaces and large outdoor heated pool. During our vacation the conditions on the mountain were perfect. My family skied every day from the minute the lift opened until closing. I am not a skier so I would go to the health club and meet the boys for lunch and then go to spa in the afternoon. We would all meet again for soak in the hot tub and then enjoy a nice dinner. We also enjoyed tubing and snowmobiling on the mountain. Great family vacation. Nice people

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain on level 2 or 3
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We took advantage of the extra day of stay promotion and was incredibly impressed with the quality of this hotel. Our family stayed at a studio room which comfortably fits four and has a full kitchenette. The only downside is the lack of privacy since everyone is sleeping together. The breakfast buffet was great and fully stocked (omelette station, fruit, cereals, etc. ). The swimming pool was great since you access from the inside of the hotel and enjoy being comfortably outdoors. The hotel is walking distance to the slopes which is a great convenience. Finally the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel good.

• Stayed March 2013
Fishkill, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visit Killington annually and I typically start my vacation with a nice relaxing massage. We made a last minute appointment at the Killington Grand Spa for four with ease. We did not stay at the Killington grand hotel so we had to travel up the mountain which was only a few minutes however, we did not account for parking. The hotel parking lot was packed solid. I dropped off the ladies at the door and went to park. The receptionist was very kind and understanding; I was roughly 3-5 minutes late. The receptionist suggested I wait in their waiting/relaxation room and the masseuse will be in to get me. I waited for several minutes and I started wandering around trying to find someone to help me. I notified a staff member and within a few minutes the masseuse appeared. I enter the room and the massage begins. The masseuse mainly focused on stretching the neck and arms. Although, she had a very different technique it was relaxing. However, once we got started; it was over! The 50 minute massage was now only a half hour. Remember all the minutes wasted in the relaxing room and then I was in the room getting undress for an additional whatever. Well, that ate up into my massage time. I completely understand my parking dilemma did not start it off right but the minute I approached the reception desk; she should have sent me in the massage room immediately. Anyway, I was not happy at all. A half hour of stretching and my arms being pulled like puppet strings was not worth $125 (not including tip).

The relaxing begins. I entered the pool area from the inside locker area (spectacular design) and swam to the outside area. I was the only one in the pool. Light flurries dusted my face as I watched the skiers glide down the mountain. My back was toward the balconies of the hotel and I was facing the gorgeous white top mountains. The view was picturesque. I have been to a lot of places but that view at that very moment was incredible.

After my fantastic pool experience, I washed off and went for a cup of tea. I pulled out a few tea cups and every cup was dirty. I can only assume their cleaning appliance was not functioning properly. After the third cup, I lost my desire. I can’t believe this but I actually took a photo with my phone because I didn’t think my girlfriends would believe me.

Room Tip: Try and access the spa/gym without any services and experience the gorgeous pool or hot tub with a v...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This resort has all the idyllic "aahmenities" you would expect at an upscale ski lodge from big log-burning fireplaces to an outdoor heated pool with two hot tubs and a firepit to a really good hotel restaurant that serves better than average fare. The rooms overlooking the mountain are wonderfully picturesque and my hubby and I watched an evening snow storm perched on our king-size bed thinking we were inside an extraordinary snow golbe. The on-site spa is very customer-friendly and the town of Killington offers wonderful hiking trails, cross-country skiing and snowshoe treks through the gorgeous base camp woods.
The staff was extremely "creature-comfort" oriented and we really got to leave the rest of the world behind. The only down-side was the lack of separation between the rooms and the hall noises.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Paoli, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We've been going to Killington for over 10 years and this is the first time we stayed at the Grand Resort Hotel. Without the kids along we didn't need a 2 br condo so I booked a studio with kitchenette at the Grand.

The lobby is lovely and the staff at the front desk were professional and polite. The room was very clean and plenty spacious for two of us. The "Kitchenette" was really a small, complete kitchen with a stove, full refrigerator and dishwasher. The bathroom was clean and modern. The towels were thick and luxurious and the extra touches like bathrobes and slippers were very nice.The Murphy bed was surprisingly comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is fine, nothing fantastic, but it is abundant. Get there early to order an omelette or waffle since it gets crowded very soon after 7am.

The ski check is very convenient and it's just a quick walk over the bridge to the lift lines.This was our first stay at the Grand, but probably won't be our last.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Killington Grand Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!