This was our first trip to Killington and wanted to stay at the most affordable place that was close to the mountain. The only thing that saves this place from a 1.5 stars is the service, the breakfast, and the hottub. Check In was a breeze but when we went to our room there was this stench in the hallway. It smelt like Mold mixed with skunk. It was awful. Now, when I called them, I requested that a necessity was to have a microwave in the room. I was told that there would be one in the room so we had brought a cooler with lots of food that depended on a microwave being there. We arrived and there was no microwave. That was my first issue. Now, some may say that's ridiculous, but having planned lunch and dinner around items you have in a cooler--renting a bigger car = more $$ it means that you could've saved more money and prep time had people known wth they were talking about. I will say that the receptionist's were very nice and understanding and they used their microwave to heat up our food and we were told that we weren't the only ones who were told that. So my response was, get it together people...
The next thing was that our room was FREEZING. Now, I like the cold--really I do, but we had done everything we could to get our room to a more comfortable temp but nothing worked. And then, the beds, yes after a day of ski/riding you should fall right asleep but why was I unable to do that? I felt like I was going to sleep on a sheet of ice. The beds were so hard and uncomfortable. I was already sore and I woke up each morning feeling like I needed to go to the hot tub. One thing that made our stay much more tolerable was the breakfast. They really had a AWESOME breakfast. I almost felt as if they were saying "We know our BEDS suck, but we'll make it up to you with our great breakfast" To give you an idea there were, Breakfast Burritos, Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Fruit, Bagels, Cereal, Juice, Coffee...and it really helped start our day. That would be one thing that saved their rating. Walls are paper thin, this is true. Nobody went to their restaurant so that told me a little about their restaurant. Overall, I would not spend this amount of money for this hotel. While the Breakfast was great, I would prefer getting a good nights sleep and finding breakfast somewhere. There are plenty of hotels off the mountain and you should look into some of those that are probably cheaper and give you more for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular views from every room. Fireside lounge, pub, walk to ski lifts and golf course. Indoor pool, sundeck, sauna and hot tub. Groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cascades Lodge Killington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascades Lodge Killington Hotel Killington
- Cascades Hotel Killington
- Killington Cascades Hotel